air conditioning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

djw

Car
S500l
Hi,

I've got a 2002 W210 E-Class with the automatic air-conditioning.

The air con was not working as it should and last week the EC light on the control panel would not switch off, checked manual and suggested to get air con re-gassed. Went to local Kwik-fit and they have done the job, checked all the system no leaks and re-gassed. I still can't get the EC light to switch off so does anyone no how to reset the system, I spoke to Mercedes and they suggested I might be able to reset through on board computer but I cant seem to access anything to do with the air-con. :dk:

Find a garage that has a Star machine, plenty around, just search the forum.

Hi,
I "Believe" there is a way to reset the system via the control panel.
I may have the procedure on my pc somewhere, if i can find it i,ll post it up.

Thanks for all suggestions, Andy thanks for the link it solved problem and air con is now freezing cold.

Derek

I'm looking at undertaking an a/c reset through the a/c control panel, as per the link above (I've found various links referring to this procedure in various places), and one of the requirements is to press the EC and REST together. On my C32 with climate, the EC and REST are the same button.

I can get into the menu, and check all the sensor parameters, but I can't get into the fault code read and reset as I don't have two separate buttons.

Anyone know if this is possible on a W203 v6 with climate?

All info appreciated,

Ignition ON press Defrost and Recirc for more than 5 seconds, they will flash sequencially, let them stop and the defrost button will be ON, wait 40 seconds then start the engine.... Sorted

W204 Air Con leaking matrix!?!? Anybody else??

Hi all. Just bought a c180 komp sport estate. It's only 6 years old but my indie merc guy has diagnosed an air con leak behind the dash, (I could hear it when it was re-gassed) seems that it is the heater matrix. So that's the whole dash out and £1700 plus. He's never heard of a fail like that in a car so young, anybody else any experience of such a catastrophic air con leak. I've looked all over the web, and can't find another example. If there are other examples, I wondered if I could get MB to fix it. Apologies if I've posted in the wrong place...

Why would MB fix it? its out of warrantee eh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom