Air filter for SL600

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Budgie1

Heading from NI across to sunny SOF in a few weeks. Been thinking about ways to improve my mpg on the trip to save having to take a 2nd mortgage on the house to cover the fuel bill. Took out the air filters yesterday and to my untrained eye they looked like they could do with a change. Easy I thought :crazy:. The code on the MB filters was A2750940104. A quick google suggested these were sourced in China or the like, few good hits.

When searching for SL600 (03) filters in the UK most results were for K&N etc oiled filters. I assumed I would be able to easily find OEM filters but have struggled. Appreciate if anyone knows a good supplier of OEM Merc filters in the UK?

Suppose I can phone the local dealer tomorrow, assume though buying direct from Mercedes directly could be expensive. Any other ideas on how to perk up my mpg also appreciated. Average around 16mpg on my daily commute, 10 miles each way so car only getting warmed up! I haven't really done any significant motorway miles yet, was hoping on the autoroutes sitting at 130kph I might get closer to 30mpg. Travelling overnight so little traffic.

I got around 26mpg at a steady 85-90mph out of mine, on a run down to Padstow last year.

I got around 26mpg at a steady 85-90mph out of mine, on a run down to Padstow last year.

To get up to 30mpg then looks like I'm going to have to jettison the wife. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom