Air filter problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chrisf-1

Car
W207 2010 E class 350cdi convertible
Hi everyone I have a 2010 E350 cdi cabriolet and I ordered a new air filter from ebay to find it is the wrong one they sent me one quite large filter for which there is nowhere for it to go Am I right in thinking mine has 2 filters one each side please excuse my my ignorance first merc for a long time

Hi Chris, Yeah its probaby the 642 engine which is a V6 and has two air filters on opposite sides of the engine bay.

I always go for genuine filters and think you may be surprised at the price....

I can't be a100% sure on yours, but my earlier V6 did have 2 filters.
1 each side and different in shape.

This may help, it does have 2 filters.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

and it also depends on age/chassis, my C219 and W212 has different type of filters (x2) even they both are OM642

There are at least two different types of air filters for the 350Cdi, and both types are also in pairs. On the later set-up each of the two filters themselves are different. I don't know whether that's the same on the previous set-up(s) and I don't know which version fits a 2010 car.

If you contact one of the MB dealers who sell online (eg. Newastle, Edinburgh and others) with your VIN you'll be assured of receiving the correct ones.

the filters you need are in post 4, sounds like they sent you a filter for the 4 pot om651 engine. newer e350's use the filters pictured.s-l1600.jpg

ISTR that the OM642 requires readaption of the ECU when the air filters are changed? Or have I dreamt that?

Reactions: Ted
ISTR that the OM642 requires readaption of the ECU when the air filters are changed? Or have I dreamt that?
Only if they are absolutely manky. The car relearns maf values by itself after a short while. You'd hardly even notice the drop in fuel economy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom