Air Force blaster

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What do you currently use?
I find a good quality microfiber or waffle drying towel works very well and no swirls

You seem to feel it is important to let everybody know that your car is an 'AMG Line'.... :rolleyes:

I'm with M80; I too find the notion of blow-drying a car faintly ridiculous. Not very, just faintly. It's only a car...

I list one vehicle, why do you list 6 including motorbikes that are totally irrelevant to this forum?

My car is an "AMG Line"--- what else would you like me to say.........There are features in the AMG line - not included with previous models including styling, lights, brakes, wheels, exhaust, performance etc so mentioning it is relevant....

I state the exact model & year (that I currently drive) and don't list every car (and motorbike) I've ever owned.

Get over it and enjoy!

Looooool. I wish I’d never asked! And just for the record was only considering it cos if I don’t dry my car it looks worse than before I cleaned it with the water round here. If I do dry it I’m scratching fook out of it somehow. I only asked.... [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

It will not get scratched if you wash it properly.....I used waffle weave towels on both my previous cars and no scratches.

Hey I dry my cars and the difference is very noticeable .
I use a 18v metabo vac. Perfect for blowing the standing water from door mirrors , spoilers and the awkward areas etc that drip long after you’ve patted your baby down.
Finished off with a pair silky gyeon q2m dryers .End result speaks for itself .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also consider using the Raceglaze water filter if you have issues with your water. Quite expensive initially but well worth it in the long run results speak volumes .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I list one vehicle, why do you list 6 including motorbikes that are totally irrelevant to this forum?

My car is an "AMG Line"--- what else would you like me to say.........There are features in the AMG line - not included with previous models including styling, lights, brakes, wheels, exhaust, performance etc so mentioning it is relevant....

I state the exact model & year (that I currently drive) and don't list every car (and motorbike) I've ever owned.

Get over it and enjoy!

OK then. The exact models and years that I currently drive: 2012 pre-facelift S212 E63 estate with AMG Performance Package; 2005 R171 SLK55 AMG; 2003 ML320 petrol; 2004 R230 SL500; 2013 Yamaha FJR1300A; 2003 Aprilia Caponord ETV 1000. I enjoy riding/driving all of them.

If I listed every car and motorbike "I've ever owned", it would take me a couple of hours, I'd never remember all of them anyway, and my Personal Details block would need a page all of its own. :D

I've never felt the need to blow-dry any of them. They're only cars and bikes, FFS... Oh, sorry, that's where we came in...:)

I still find the original subject of this thread faintly risible, which I think is what really gets your goat. "Get over it" is good advice; try it...;)

Just shows how much of a joke the world of detailing is :D

Have a look on the Detailing forum, which I think could be renamed 'OCD Corner'. Other views are of course available.

Confession,
I have a warm air blaster for the drivers seat,
when I use it the good lady seems to think it's AMG with"Argh My God".

But thinking about it I don't suppose you all need to learn such 'detail'.

I do give the mo mo's a go with clay bar on occasion, and while they are improved they are what they are, aged. In fact the best looking of my vehicles is the oldest, that being a 2001 K1200RS, and I'm aiming to sell that as I don't use it.

Have a look on the Detailing forum, which I think could be renamed 'OCD Corner'. Other views are of course available.

Each to their own :dk: doesn’t hurt anyone else...

Truth is when I read the first post I thought it was in humour,
drying a car after it's been out in the rain, or should we stop driving them if rain is forecast and prevent them getting wet.

Getting into discussions on using 8hp machines to pamper a car when far less powerful vacuum cleaners have been forbidden by the all knowing eu isn't for me, but it did come to mind.

Live and let live I say, but I still find blow drying a car funny.
I thought it was going to be a thread about Ack Ack guns ...

Does anyone use a car dryer? I’ve been looking at the Air Force blaster so that I can avoid rubbing little swirl marks into my car, but I wonder are there better or cheaper options given this is mostly brand. Pet dryers maybe? Anyone got one they are pleased with? opinions much appreciated.
Tim
Yes , a chamois leather .

Truth is when I read the first post I thought it was in humour,
drying a car after it's been out in the rain, or should we stop driving them if rain is forecast and prevent them getting wet.

Getting into discussions on using 8hp machines to pamper a car when far less powerful vacuum cleaners have been forbidden by the all knowing eu isn't for me, but it did come to mind.

Live and let live I say, but I still find blow drying a car funny.
My car gets blow dried as the last cycle of the car wash , which I take it through a couple of times a year ...

The box is there , asking to be filled ......

:)It says "car" singular not "cars" or "list every car & motorbike you have ever owned" ...........:wallbash:

Reactions: 219
Anyway ...

Yes dog blasters work fine. We have this one, which we use on our dogs occasionally:

https://www.aeoluspet.com//site/product-detail?id=207

They push out air at high velocity, which can also be warmed slightly. I have also used it on the SL and it does a great job of getting water out of panel gaps, nooks & crannies in the wheels (including the bolt holes) etc. Cue joke about preventing annoying dribbles.

I suspect many of the ones sold specifically for car/bike detailing are simply dog blasters but with a price hike.

Each to their own :dk: doesn’t hurt anyone else...

No, of course it doesn't. I've no doubt that those who like that sort of thing would poke a little fun at some of my opinions.

That's the beauty of a public forum; you get all sorts of views and opinions. Inevitably, some of them will be very different from your own. I guess there must be something wrong with me; I just don't love my car enough to give it a blowie...

Reactions: 219
Titan 350 vac £30 from screwfix, + the £20 hepa filter for it and you have yourself a vac that also has a wet function (suck only) and also serves as a blower

With the hepa option filter installed, no need for a bag or to switch filters between wet/dry/blow

Obviously blow away from the car at first to ensure there’s nothing clogged in the hose. It’s great for getting those suspect areas inside the mirrors and the rear number plate which always drip on my car and leave watermarks

Does anyone use a car dryer? I’ve been looking at the Air Force blaster so that I can avoid rubbing little swirl marks into my car, but I wonder are there better or cheaper options given this is mostly brand. Pet dryers maybe? Anyone got one they are pleased with? opinions much appreciated.
Tim

Hi Tim Welcome to the forum :D

Are you sure the swirls are coming from the drying stage of your cleaning routine ? If so then the DI canister is a good way to go and if you really want blower then some have had success with a leaf blower or the air force type blowers as you mentioned.

Depending on how you cleaning from start to finish though you could create swirls at any stage.
Are you using two bucket wash method?
Do you have grit guards in your buckets?
Are you using a sponge or micro wash mit / pad?
Are you using the same pad/mit to do the wheels?
Are you applying wax or a quick detailer

If you're doing everything right then it may well be coming from the drying stage if so what drying clothes are you using? I personally have four 2 waffle type and two kent microfiber drying towels and then I go over the car with a quick detailer and 6 fresh clothes.

Consider starting a thread in the OCD corner .. I mean detailing section where fellow detailers could offer some advice on reducing swirling and marring.

I hope this helps :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom