Air in (new) clear pipe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bob6600

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
AUDI S8 V10, S210 E320 CDI (R.I.P.)
Approximately 12 months ago the clear pipe from the HP pump to the back of the fuel rail was replaced as it had a slight leak and was very brown. There were bubbles in the clear line on the fuel pump, pictured below

6b8e0b2b.jpg

This solved the leak but not the air bubble problem. Recently the clear pipe above was also replaced (no leaks) as was the fuel filter, both which have new seal but on acceleration there is STILL air bubble in the fuel (fine on tickover).

There is a 3rd pipe but cannot see this solving anything as the bubbles are obviously from the filter chamber.

The vehicle has never had a problem starting or running, however I'm sure it is effecting my fuel economy.

Any ideas welcome

P.S. Before anyone commets on my clear pipe still being brown, it's a pic taken from google

What mpg are you getting?
In my experience (mainly not on CDis) bubbles can be hard to totally eliminate.

25-30 mpg

Its quite normal to have an air bubble in there. It wont have anything to do with your economy. If it 'aint broke don't try and fix it.

Its quite normal to have an air bubble in there. It wont have anything to do with your economy. If it 'aint broke don't try and fix it.

That's the answer I was hoping for :) The pipe needed a change as was very brown and quite brittle

Thanks Olly:thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom