Air Intake Temperature Sendsor relocation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaddyEnglish86

Car
Mercedes W202 C250TD
I have just removed the EGR valve and now planning to re-route the intake pipework straight up from the intercooler up onto the manifold. Where is the best place to re-locate the air temperature sensor? Can it be anywhere between the intercooler and manifold?

Thanks

Sensor*

Anybody? Maybe I'm getting the name of this thing wrong

Maybe!
You have three principle sensors
Ambient -Outside.
IAT -Intake air temp sensor--usually found in the air box (air filter housing or close by)
Charge Air Temp sensor--Normally found aft of the intercooler, by the throttle body (if used) or just aft of it and before air intake manifold proper.
Tuercas viejas

Maybe!
You have three principle sensors
Ambient -Outside.
IAT -Intake air temp sensor--usually found in the air box (air filter housing or close by)
Charge Air Temp sensor--Normally found aft of the intercooler, by the throttle body (if used) or just aft of it and before air intake manifold proper.
Tuercas viejas

Thank you!
This is the one I'm talking about about
IMG_8678.JPG

That one needs to be close to the outside air intake Like the first one in the trunking facing out side to pick up the cold air before it gets to the engine ..Or ambiant air from outside .

That one needs to be close to the outside air intake Like the first one in the trunking facing out side to pick up the cold air before it gets to the engine ..Or ambiant air from outside .

I thought this one is measuring pressurised air temperature?

Can somebody advise me on relocating this temperature sensor? Can I just buy a universal one and wire it up or do I need to use the existing one and bring it across?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom