Air Mass Cleaners...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Very rarely works.

If your car is a diesel the MAS is only around £40-50 from Euro Car Parts.

Very rarely works.

If your car is a diesel the MAS is only around £40-50 from Euro Car Parts.

Apparantly I need to buy the cross pipe plus some other sensor and it amounts to around £300!

So, I thought I would try this first. I believe that the sensors can be taken out and replaced but not sure if anyone has done this on a V6 diesel? or just simply changed the whole lot?

I'm trying this tomorrow with electrical contact cleaner, failing that ill pick up a spurious new part from ebay for 40 quid, I'm not paying MB 300 quid for theirs, just no! will report back with results or lack thereof

JimC200 said:
I'm trying this tomorrow with electrical contact cleaner, failing that ill pick up a spurious new part from ebay for 40 quid, I'm not paying MB 300 quid for theirs, just no! will report back with results or lack thereof

Please, same here))

Ok i went in to get my tires balanced at front and remembered i had a new fuel filter to go in so got the lads to do it while i was there and all i can say is WOW, like night and day,
pretty much all my symptoms are now gone, the real test will be when fully loaded, cold, going uphill, ill plant it and see what happens if thats ok then it clearly wasn't my maf, have you tried this?

I bought a MAF off of ebay ............ it did not work properly so I ended up going back to MB and paying £10 more ........ funny that, they quoted me £220 and after telling an Indy he spoke to them and it was £70! apparently they quoted the wrong part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom