Air mass maf sensor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hey Ollie...maybe I've taught you something!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Its plug and play. No re-setting needed no running for 20mins etc etc.
Again olly thanks for your support and replies , will let you know results after tuesday on this thread.

Fitted a new air mas maf sensor and as Olly said its plug and play.Changed the thermostat and now the temperature is at 90 degrees and takes aprox 15 mins to get there. As I had to remove the oil filter to access the thermostat I changed the oil and replaced the oil filter at the same time.The car is running smoother and cant wait to check the mpg now so will report back soon.

Now i see, nobody is looking at my post cos yours was easy to fix ! Happy for u though !

Hi danny , originally I had no heat in the car ,but this was due to a faulty heater control unit, which I replaced(pig of a job).This sorted the heating in the car. I had a mpg issue which could have been due to my temperature gauge not going above 50 so I replaced the thermostat and the temp is running as it should at 90, I am in the process of checking mpg now this has been done. I also changed the air mas maf sensor which has improved the performance of the car , it feels sharper and quicker on pick up or maybe its just me/psychological.I will have a nosy at your thread now.I had alot of help from members especially Olly at prestige.

Thanks ! My mpg seems very high too but i have no trip computer or readout. Temp does'nt move on mine. Cheers and all heat to you !

Here are my mpg figures post thermostat and air mas maf change
Fuel consumption (urban) 26.7 mpg now 30.3mpg
Fuel consumption (extra urban) 44.1 mpg now
Fuel consumption (combined) 35.8 mpg now 40.6mpg

these are calculated with the tank not the onboard computer.Need to do one on extra urban only but very pleased so far, thanks olly for the thermostat suggestion.

Update and a big thanks to Olly

Here are my mpg figures now that the car has been running with the new components and without aircon permanently on. I must be dumb as I assumed when the light was pressed to off the aircon is off but its the other way round so ive had a chuckle at myself.Doing 65mph on mway.

Fuel consumption (urban) 26.7 mpg now 41mpg
Fuel consumption (extra urban) 52 mpg now
Fuel consumption (combined) 35.8 mpg now 46mpg

Spera said:
Here are my mpg figures now that the car has been running with the new components and without aircon permanently on. I must be dumb as I assumed when the light was pressed to off the aircon is off but its the other way round so ive had a chuckle at myself...

Eh? I think I might be joining you in the 'how thick am I" club. So the EC button, when lit, turns the AC off? Otherwise the AC is on all the time? Fascinating. Could explain some things...

Here are my mpg figures now that the car has been running with the new components and without aircon permanently on.

Fuel consumption (urban) 26.7 mpg now 41mpg
Fuel consumption (extra urban) 52 mpg now
Fuel consumption (combined) 35.8 mpg now 46mpg

interesting, my figures are similar to your original ones after changing the thermostat, also changed 2 injectors and the turbo. MAF is the only bit left for me to change but been holding back due to the cost/lack of guarentee it will increase mpg
thinking i'll probably just go for it

Eh? I think I might be joining you in the 'how thick am I" club. So the EC button, when lit, turns the AC off? Otherwise the AC is on all the time? Fascinating. Could explain some things...

Excellent , glad i'm not alone then .

interesting, my figures are similar to your original ones after changing the thermostat, also changed 2 injectors and the turbo. MAF is the only bit left for me to change but been holding back due to the cost/lack of guarentee it will increase mpg
thinking i'll probably just go for it
My air maf was actually ok , it was a process of elimination so if yours is the same model then I can sell you my surplus to requirements one at half price when youre ready for one. Only found this to be ok when IAN at 124WORKS kindly checked it for me.

My air maf was actually ok , it was a process of elimination so if yours is the same model then I can sell you my surplus to requirements one at half price when youre ready for one. Only found this to be ok when IAN at 124WORKS kindly checked it for me.

thanks - whats the bosch part number on the one u have spare?

I also had to figure out this rather illogical way of doing things, but I leave my
air-con on full auto in both my 202's all the time, including winter. It does make magic to keep the damp outside when wet and cools only when necessary. I have not noticed much difference in consumption be it on or off.

thanks - whats the bosch part number on the one u have spare?

pmd you thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom