Air pump for Contour Seats (A207)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spiritrider

Car
E220 CDI Cabriolet, C200 Sport, C350e P+
Hi All,
Could one of you advise me where I can locate the air pump for the contour seats on a 2011 E220 CDI Cabriolet (A207) as I suspect the bushes may need attention/cleaning since the seats are not working

Thanks, so I need to access the pump from the rear of the driver’s seat. Is this easily done or are there pitfalls I should be aware of. All pipes and switches under the seat seem to in order so I’m assuming the pump motor (bushes) need cleaning for the contour seats to work again

The air pump for contour seats usually resides in the boot, behind the side trim.
Much too bulky to fit within the seat itself, as it sits within a sound deadening capsule

The only likely candidate I spied was behind nearside rear light cluster (rhd) It did have a foam jacket and a plastic reservoir with level indicator. I assumed this to be the hydraulic unit for operating the soft-top. Would this be the air pump although I’m mystified by the liquid in the reservoir

Air pumps in cabs can suffer from water damage. Check the wells each side for dampness.
I'd suggest getting the car on STAR before ripping stuff out.
Do you hear the pump running at all? Has it ever worked? A punctured air bladder within a seat can cause the pump to time-out, or sometimes overheat.

Seats were working a few months ago. No sound from pump (wherever it is) no dampness either side. Is the pump on the left side behind rear light cluster

Thanks for your help, Whitenemesis. Still uncertain where the pump is located on my cab. Will the VIN help in locating. Anyone have an idea as it would be great to have the seats working again

Someone with your VIN and access to WIS would be able to pin it down

VIN WDD2074022F142205 Can anyone help me locate the air pump?

The pump in my W209 CLK is in the boot near the SAM. It is well hidden in a big lump of foam rubber, with two black pipes coming from it. From personal experience of curing a failed pump motor it is a lump of grey foam you are looking for.

Yep, the grey cylindrical foam jacket is around a unit that has a round reservoir with level indicator at fwd end with 6 black pipes leading fwd. Surely this isn’t the air pump, rather the hydraulic unit for the soft top operation. Any other clues?

Many thanks, Trickythemerc, most grateful

Trickythemerc, any joy with your STAR in finding the air pump location? You must have enjoyed yesterday's 6 Nations!!

looking at WIS it only shows the pump and the seat repair kit,so at a guess the one you see in the boot is the one you need to sort out. I can't get into EPC at the moment due to a Java security problem so can't see anything else for you.

Many thanks for your help. I’ll investigate the boot area although still mystified by the reservoir and 6 thin black plastic pipes

The pump I see only has two pipes coming from it, which would seem right as each seat has valve block to control each of the inflatable bladders in the seats. I assume that your seats have the control units on the left hand side of the seats.

Checked OM and soft top hyd unit is leftside behind light cluster in boot. Contour switches for seats are inboard ie driver’s left passenger right side

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom