Air Rifle/Pistol Interest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BMF

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
C220 (W205) 2015 Bluetec Sport Premium Plus
I know this is way off topic but is there any interest in the subject of air rifle and/or air pistol shooting.

I was recently given an old "Original" brand model 25 .22 air rifle from the estate of my wife's uncle, who died in 2017. The rifle dates from the early 70's. I had to have the rear sight replaced as the original had been broken at some point. Here is a pic of the rifle:
Original mod 25 (1).jpg
While I was at the repairing RFD I saw another rifle and I couldn't resist it, it is a Remington Pest Controller outfit in .22 and it came with a scope and a nasty plastic muzzle shroud which has now bee replaced with an adapter for a silencer, here is the rifle with a Huggett Belita silencer fitted:
Remington PC with Huggett Belita.jpg

Then while at my local range that happens to have a retail outlet attached to it I found and fell in love with a Co2 pistol, It is a Gletcher CLT 1911 bb pistol, it is based on the Colt 1911 A1 .45 acp, here is a couple of pics of the pistol:
Gletcher CLT 1911 Co2 BB (3).jpg Gletcher CLT 1911 Co2 BB (5).jpg

It is a full blowback action, hold open on last shot and has the weight and feel of the real pistol. It fully field strips too:
Gletcher CLT 1911 Co2 BB (4).jpg And it shoots great out of the box, This was freehand at 10m:
Gletcher CLT 1911 Co2 BB(4).jpg
It is more fun than you can shake a stick at in my book :cool:

Nice....

Where I grew up, every young boy had a "pellet gun" and we took them everywhere with us. Mouthful of lead pellets (Marksman) and we were ready to shoot. My first air rifle (Daisy) was from my grandfather when I was about 9 or 10.

I found and fell in love with a Co2 pistol, It is a Gletcher CLT 1911 bb pistol, it is based on the Colt 1911 A1 .45 acp, here is a couple of pics of the pistol:
View attachment 89444 View attachment 89446

It is a full blowback action, hold open on last shot and has the weight and feel of the real pistol. It fully field strips too:
View attachment 89445 And it shoots great out of the box, This was freehand at 10m:
View attachment 89447
It is more fun than you can shake a stick at in my book :cool:

I dig the 1911. It looks very much like a WW2 GI model. If you ever come by way of Texas, I might let you play with one (or more) that make bigger holes :)

Nice....

Where I grew up, every young boy had a "pellet gun" and we took them everywhere with us. Mouthful of lead pellets (Marksman) and we were ready to shoot. My first air rifle (Daisy) was from my grandfather when I was about 9 or 10.
I got re-bitten by the bug what with getting the uncles rifle repaired. I've also got an old Webley & Scott Mk1 pistol in .177, I was told it dates from pre-WW2. I bought a service kit (spring, piston seal and breach seal) with complete instruction diagram, it has improved the pistol immensely.

I dig the 1911. It looks very much like a WW2 GI model. If you ever come by way of Texas, I might let you play with one (or more) that make bigger holes :)

I'd love to take you up on the offer, I have had a UK firearms certificate but didn't own anything bigger than 9mm and .357, I did once shoot a friends 1911 Gold Cup, it is a phenomenal pistol to shoot, The most fun you can have with your clothes on!

I'd love to take you up on the offer, I have had a UK firearms certificate but didn't own anything bigger than 9mm and .357, I did once shoot a friends 1911 Gold Cup, it is a phenomenal pistol to shoot, The most fun you can have with your clothes on!

I did service in the military and police and I have owned several weapons (and reloaded my own ammo) but the best thing I have ever handled & shot is the 50cal Barrett.

I've shot a 40mm - that has a bit of a kick! :D

As a child in the '60s I used to go to Bisley with my grandfather, who was a pistol shooting enthusiast. I had my own .22LR target pistol - a Unique Model D, made by Manufacture d' Armes des Pyrénées Françaises (MAPF) - but also shot .38 and even .45 a few times. My grandfather had a few air pistols (including a very nice CO2 one) for practice in their back garden:

shooting.jpg

I still have an old Webley Osprey air rifle bought new back in the 70's. Air rifle laws are a lot tighter now then they were back then. You can no longer shoot on common land as we used to and they have to be responsibly stored and ideally locked up. Mine isn't locked up, it's on the top of the wardrobe but nobody knows that - except you guys.

I've shot a 40mm - that has a bit of a kick! :D

As a child in the '60s I used to go to Bisley with my grandfather, who was a pistol shooting enthusiast. I had my own .22LR target pistol - a Unique Model D, made by Manufacture d' Armes des Pyrénées Françaises (MAPF) - but also shot .38 and even .45 a few times. My grandfather had a few air pistols (including a very nice CO2 one) for practice in their back garden:

View attachment 89449

I think my dad was a member at Bisley years ago (late 70s / early 80s). He deffo had a Britarms .22 target pistol (amongst others) - pistol grip was custom (and adjustable) made for his hand and, I'm reasonably sure that he did his shooting at Bisley.

I still have an old Webley Osprey air rifle bought new back in the 70's. Air rifle laws are a lot tighter now then they were back then. You can no longer shoot on common land as we used to and they have to be responsibly stored and ideally locked up. Mine isn't locked up, it's on the top of the wardrobe but nobody knows that - except you guys.

I'd like to see pictures of that if you wouldn't mind ;)

I think my dad was a member at Bisley years ago (late 70s / early 80s). He deffo had a Britarms .22 target pistol (amongst others) - pistol grip was custom (and adjustable) made for his hand and, I'm reasonably sure that he did his shooting at Bisley.

Back in the 90's some guy's from our full bore pistol club got together and booked a 100yd pistol range where I got to shoot my S&W mod 19 6" with some factory .357 ammunition, I thought Ooo! that's got a bit of a kick to it until I shot my friends Ruger Super Redhawk .44 magnum with home made hot rounds, now that hurt, my wrist's, my forearms, my biceps/shoulders and tore up the palms of my hands pretty good with the chequering on the grip. :eek:

I've had a Webley Axsor .22 for around 17 years now. Gas powered with 8 pellet cartridge and running at 190 bar. I use a diving cylinder to recharge, rather than a simple pump. Brilliant gun - bit heavy at first but easy to get used to. Used versions still go for up to £450 according to the magazines. very powerful and accurate, with a good 'scope. Zeroed at 25 yards and good for up to 40 yards with 1" drop.

Also have a Remington 1858 New Army .44 black powder revolver. Great penetration at short range and up to 75 yards supposedly, but the sights are crap. Anything above 25 yards and you need to be Annie Oakley! It's the burglar deterrent.

Speaking of which, not quite an airgun, but a Fabarm over and under 12 bore double trigger. Excellent all rounder.

Reactions: BMF
I had
Gat Gun lol .177
A Relum .177
Diana 25 .177 rifle
Webley Eclipse .22
Diana 38 .177 which I a had sport match tuned.
And for my girls target shooting a Air Arms Tx200sr which was a absolute tits of rifle when it was released fitted with a Nikon Silver Crown Scope.

Was member of Iceni Marksman Gun club in Colchester.

All a very long time ago

Reactions: BMF

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom