Air Rifle/Pistol Interest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sounds like a good setup!
I modified it so it could be bolted down to the table and use a small ratchet strap on the rifle for extra stability when zeroing.

The rifle will put pellet upon pellet pretty much through the same hole when held by the rest

Pity the operator isn't as good šŸ˜

Well Iā€™d forgotten about this thread till today.
My sister relocated to Portugal and so the old BSA Meteor .177 is now languishing unused in my home.
(it still works)

I should get around to selling it, I have no interest in using it.

I need to find time to get my rifles out again. I haven't shot in ages. ā˜¹ļø

And me, i used to visit the range every week without fail . Must go again before the winter comes ...but i have lots of things come through the edge in to our garden ,..these things are good sport throughout the year Screenshot_2021-05.png

Nice.....I got told off for having my air weapons on a display rack like that the last time the FA officer came to check security for my shotgun license....they live in the cabinet with the SGs now!! Jobsworth!!!

Nice.....I got told off for having my air weapons on a display rack like that the last time the FA officer came to check security for my shotgun license....they live in the cabinet with the SGs now!! Jobsworth!!!

The issue is if you have under-18s around ... you then need to "take reasonable precautions" to prevent unauthorised access:

I have a 14 year old...so that's why. He shoots them more than me!!

Yes understand .I dont post up my s/guns just asir guns, old BSA make nothing else . Only get them out to take a picture and service them .I never posted the Scorpion pcp . But this is my BSA R10DSC00927.jpeg

Reactions: BMF
Very nice, any video captures from the pard (target shooting of course not rat/rabbit headshots) šŸ˜‰

After a zeroing session today l I finally :doh: remembered to capture some sample video from the scope. The reticle is more visible in the scope itself ... you can change the style and colour to suit the conditions (yellow works better in the dark). There's more audio than I was expecting - the microphone is underneath a screw-in waterproof cover for the micro SD card and USB port, which I'd left on. Scope was on 13x magnification and the light was quite low, so image quality is ok but not the greatest. The original video is 60 fps but I somehow managed to knock it down to 30 fps when trimming the beginning & end off in Premiere Elements (I've not used it much).

The centre spinner is 20 mm diameter, outers are 15 mm. Range 35 metres (measured) / 38 yds, sub 12 ft.lb Weihrauch HW110 in .177, bit of wind blowing. 10 shots in reasonably quick succession and 8 hits (1 miss on each outer) ... I'll take that :D

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I really must sort the seals on my HW110, it's not hold pressure. I did the seals on my Air Arms rifle and it made a huge difference.

I really must sort the seals on my HW110, it's not hold pressure. I did the seals on my Air Arms rifle and it made a huge difference.

As I'm sure you know it's easy to get tiny bits of dust & debris coming in through the fill port, which definitely doesn't help the seals. I bought a cap for the fill probe, which helps keep that really clean. I also put the plug from the rifle in this when filling:

Weihrauch Fill Probe Cover Cap ā€“ Best Fittings

The other thing is tiny shavings of rubber coming off the O rings on the probe and the plug when they're inserted/removed ... a tiny wipe of silicone grease on those helps prevent that.

I was a member of a couple of shooting clubs, Last one ICENI marksman in Colchester field target with a Air Arms TX200 SR seriously accurate gun for a springer.
This was a long time ago.
E5F189D4-A002-4A98-B504-8D2D49051968.jpeg
0DE42FC1-0421-4084-A8DE-D9DBC724442E.jpeg
78BEA605-2EC5-4CC3-A1DB-33C0C4222E35.jpeg
JAG single shot 150lb crossbow
Adder 6 Shot 130lb repeater crossbow
These are unbelievably powerful!
Lastly a HDR50 .50cal 6 shot revolver paint marker which can fire various size and types of balls paint rubber and steel!
This one is under 7.5 joules for U.K. law
Tbh Iā€™ve not found f anything the Crossbows wonā€™t go through including car doors or skilletā€™s at 30ft

172C4079-3B91-4EC5-A4B9-D643EA188F55.jpeg
16ā€ bolts at 20ft with the Jag
394E59B8-2E94-41E0-AB13-E782437F4EFA.jpeg
Adder at 20ft splitting a piece of card down the middle only stopped by the back stop it was against.

Lastly a HDR50 .50cal 6 shot revolver paint marker which can fire various size and types of balls paint rubber and steel!
This one is under 7.5 joules for U.K. law

Don't think the steel balls are legal in the UK though. As you say they are classed as 'paint marker' guns and AFAIK limited to 'frangible' (paint or chalk) or rubberised rounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom