Air Rifle/Pistol Interest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It does appear to be in nice condition and it c0cks nicely with a strong spring and seems to fire well too.

However, I don't know how well it actually shoots as I don't have any gun oil these days so haven't tried it with a pellet but I would suspect it would need a new washer due to its age.

I was going to put it on EBay but obviously that's not allowed but I'll get around to doing something with it.

I'd be interested in taking off your hands but if, as you surmise, it needs a service replacement kit then that would reduce its value accordingly.

I've dug out the rest of the gubbins that I was given with the pistol and it seems that Webley & Scott kindly provided new piston and joint washers on request:

DSCN5009.jpg

DSCN5014.jpg

Not only that, they did it for free, gratis and no payment.....

DSCN5011.jpg

I wonder if they would provide this sort of service if they were still around ?

I think there are still company's out there that still offer exceptional customer service but I fear they are few and far between and some company's that haven't got the first idea of achieving customer satisfaction or maintaining good customer relations.

My first air rifle was a Diana. About 9th birthday gift from granddad.

Well since posting this thread originally my airgun ownership seems to have grown quite a bit. I still have W&S Mk1, Colt 1911 Co2 bb pistol and the Original/Diana mod25 rifle but now I have added to the collection:
From top to bottom, Weihrauch HW97Kt Blackline in .177, Air Arms S200 in .177, BSA R10Se in .22
Air Rifles.jpg
SMK Victory PP700w .177 here fitted with Hawke red dot scope and Huggett Astille silencer/moderator/suppressor
PP700w with Astille.jpg
The latest addition to the collection is an FX Impact Mk2 Limited Edition Gold in .177
FX Impact Mk2 Limited Edition 26.jpg
I shoot a friendly comp using the HW97 in the Springer class and either the BSA or the FX in the pre-charge recoilless class over 20m, I'd love to do some longer range shooting but the RFD/range I go to has limited facilities.

Nice collection !
As owner of several previous and current Weihrauchs, I do have a thing for the old springers :)
Hawke scopes are very good for the money too, well paired with air rifles.
Have shot a FX, they are a lovely pin precision tool.

If you're interested in full bore, then Tamar Rangers Rifle Club may be for you. They have access to Millpool and Parracombe.

Reactions: BMF
Nice to see some of the old springers knocking about, sold my Daystate Huntsman PCP before moving to Scotland and of course you need a license for them up here, but the swap from springers to PCP blew my mind, the pcp is so accurate once you find the pellet they like, really fancy a Weihrauch HW100T the laminate one, better get saving

Nice collection !
As owner of several previous and current Weihrauchs, I do have a thing for the old springers :)
Hawke scopes are very good for the money too, well paired with air rifles.
Have shot a FX, they are a lovely pin precision tool.

If you're interested in full bore, then Tamar Rangers Rifle Club may be for you. They have access to Millpool and Parracombe.
Thanks, I think you need a springer in a collection, it teaches a lot about control and gives you the stability to be able to shoot PCP's better. The FX Impact is a great bit of kit, not to everyone's taste but that's ok. I would like to be a better shot with both of them but I am getting better:
Results of pellet tests with the HW97, top target with JSB Hades and the bottom with H&N FTT's at 20m.
Today (1).jpg
The FX Impact over the same distance, top target was zeroing in and the bottom was after more tweaking.
FX First Zero Shots.jpg
FX Zeroed.jpg

I have just acquired a Webley Raider 12 in 0.22 calibre with the 12 shot magazine, this has replaced a Rotax RM8 as I could not get on with the sticky bolt action and even an adjustment by the Gunsmith made little difference to the rather poor feel.

Whilst not my first choice (recommended to try it by the Gun shop owner) I have come to like the Webley, it is accurate, well made for the price, has a pleasant to hold and traditional Walnut stock and fits me well (it is not a small gun at a metre long but I am 6 foot 2). and has proven to be very good at controlling pigeon, squirrel and rats. It is fitted with a Hawke 3 x 9 x 50 'scope.

Another recent addition is a Ruger 10/22 carbine. I have permissions to shoot on farmland immediately next to our property and it is a lovely gun, light (it has the polymer stock) and very accurate. It has proven it's worth in help with controlling the rabbit problem my neighbour has as well as dispatching a Fox that had killed some of the Pheasant he is rearing.

My other guns are a pair of Beretta SBS 12 bore and a Winchester .0308.

I still use my old ASI Paratrooper Repeater for ratting duties, still up to the job within about 10 yards. I think I was given it as a birthday present for my 8th birthday back in 1974. How times change....

I have just acquired a Webley Raider 12 in 0.22 calibre with the 12 shot magazine, this has replaced a Rotax RM8 as I could not get on with the sticky bolt action and even an adjustment by the Gunsmith made little difference to the rather poor feel.

Whilst not my first choice (recommended to try it by the Gun shop owner) I have come to like the Webley, it is accurate, well made for the price, has a pleasant to hold and traditional Walnut stock and fits me well (it is not a small gun at a metre long but I am 6 foot 2). and has proven to be very good at controlling pigeon, squirrel and rats. It is fitted with a Hawke 3 x 9 x 50 'scope.

Another recent addition is a Ruger 10/22 carbine. I have permissions to shoot on farmland immediately next to our property and it is a lovely gun, light (it has the polymer stock) and very accurate. It has proven it's worth in help with controlling the rabbit problem my neighbour has as well as dispatching a Fox that had killed some of the Pheasant he is rearing.

My other guns are a pair of Beretta SBS 12 bore and a Winchester .0308.

There are a lot of under rated air rifles out there and a few people that are anti one make against another, I think it is the individuals preference that matters and how a gun suits you. ;)

I haven't done any pest control yet but I would like to so for the time being I'll carry on watching pest control clips on YouTube.

I still use my old ASI Paratrooper Repeater for ratting duties, still up to the job within about 10 yards. I think I was given it as a birthday present for my 8th birthday back in 1974. How times change....

Get yourself some targets and a pellet catcher and see if you can stretch it out to 20yards;)

The 10/22 is a handy piece of kit. If you ever want to fettle it it, Homepage - Rimfire Magic are very good

Results of pellet tests with the HW97, top target with JSB Hades and the bottom with H&N FTT's at 20m.

Not tried the Hades yet. FTTs are a very consistent pellet alright.

Reactions: BMF
I recently purchased a Crosman .22 Ratcatcher. Prior to shooting that, the last weapon I fired was a 50cal Barrett.:p:p:p Quite a difference.

Thanks, I think you need a springer in a collection, it teaches a lot about control and gives you the stability to be able to shoot PCP's better. The FX Impact is a great bit of kit, not to everyone's taste but that's ok. I would like to be a better shot with both of them but I am getting better:
View attachment 99921
The FX Impact over the same distance, top target was zeroing in and the bottom was after more tweaking.
View attachment 99922
View attachment 99923
I'm using QYS streamline 4.50 in my HW97 now- with excellent results, I was using JSB Exact 4.52 - the QYS are better, give them a try.

I'm using QYS streamline 4.50 in my HW97 now- with excellent results, I was using JSB Exact 4.52 - the QYS are better, give them a try.
I'll get some sample packs for the HW97 although I did try some in my .22 BSA R10Se but I found AA Diablo Fields gave better grouping for me😎

I am have a few old BSA air rifles but i only collect spring guns . Used to have the BSA R10 mk2 but found keep filling them up a choir at the local gun shop .The saying is if it aint got a spring i dont do a thing . My guns ,, 10 of them need to see day light i keep them out of sight in 2 lock up gun cabinets .I keep one in the louge resting up against the wall just sighted up and waiting for ratty to show up .They move in from the farmers fields as the vwinter approches . Two types of pellets i use Bisley Magnum in .177 and JSB Heavies in .22 or .177 For comp shooting it was mainly JSB i have boxes of all sorts of the things finding the best to use and i narrow it down to these two .

Get yourself some targets and a pellet catcher and see if you can stretch it out to 20yards;)
Yes, I think I will give it a go, I used to shoot Lego characters quite accurately at about 20 yards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom