Air Shock for W211

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tan

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W140 S-Class, Porsche Cayenne and Porsche Boxster
Hi

One of the air shocks on my w211 has failed, according to the garage as a result of hitting a pot hole.

The insurance company are looking into it at the moment, but the dealer has said that the part is on back order and could take up to 4 weeks.

Is there a system within the Mercedes dealer network that can check parts that are in stock at individual dealers instead of just with Mercedes central parts warehouse?

Regards

Tan

Hi

One of the air shocks on my w211 has failed, according to the garage as a result of hitting a pot hole.

The insurance company are looking into it at the moment, but the dealer has said that the part is on back order and could take up to 4 weeks.

Is there a system within the Mercedes dealer network that can check parts that are in stock at individual dealers instead of just with Mercedes central parts warehouse?

Regards

Tan

Which shock is it?

If your car is between jun 2003 and jun 2006 then Birmingham Central have one in stock (according to the national locator)
Give them a call with your chassis no to make sure its right for your car. 0121 3226500

If your car is between jun 2003 and jun 2006 then Birmingham Central have one in stock (according to the national locator)
Give them a call with your chassis no to make sure its right for your car. 0121 3226500

My car is a 52 plate

I have finally heard from Mercedes today that the part is on its way from Germany, but it has been put on a truck with hazardous parts so will take 14 working days to get to the UK. Is this normal for air struts to travel this way?

yes. Anything under pressure does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom