Air Suspension Compressor / Pump W213 2017 E220D SE Premium Estate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DanRom62

Car
E220d SE Premium Estate
Does anybody know if the air compressor is the same for all E Class models or are they different from the W212 to the W213? Indy garage is trying to source one (W213) for me now to cure the dreaded 'Malfunction' warning symbol.

just in case anybody is interested, have had 2 quotes, basically cost is c. £780 incl vat for parts and labour! Dealer is paying for it as it happened in first 30 days. Must say I'm really pissed off as I specifically looked for a very low mileage car so I wouldn't have any issues like these. Had only done 17k miles which for 03/2017 220D SE Premium Estate is very low. Starting to regret buying a Merc! Also having problems with GPS, keeps losing the satellite; the DAB connection is awful, always losing the signal. Keep getting flashed by drivers when I have my full beam on but I think I have these adaptive LED lights but really not sure now. The display screen isn't a touchscreen which I was used to in my Toyota Avensis, and it's so laborious to switch through modes and select radio station etc. Also why can't I make a hands free telephone call using voice activation? Need to be really careful with keys in my pocket, twice I've had the boot open through a pocket press! Once in a shopping car park, came back and it was open, second time on the drive!

had the air compressor replaced on Saturday at Merctech in Speke. Bill came in lower as the supplier of the new pump does a part-ex scheme, so not sure if that means I got a reconditioned one, forgot to ask! Anyway bill was approx £730 incl vat. Car now running as it should. Interesting discussion with Leon, garage owner, he mentioned he had loads of Merc's coming in for compressors and/or suspension air bags. Seems to be a real issue with them, and the supplier of the compressors through Mercedes say they're now on a 4 week delivery. He had another W213 estate 2017 with the same problem in the garage but he couldn't get a compressor for it for now!

Overall I have to say I'm pretty disappointed in this car. Not quite as good as I was expecting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom