Air suspension compressor repair

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Supersonic

Car
Mercedes 220
Hi all

I'm currently down in Portugal my air suspension collapsed, the local dealer diagnosed the fault as compressor failure, and the quote for repair is 1450e approx £1000, is this the right price seems very high to me!

Thanks

You really do need to tell us what car you have...Mercedes 220 means nothing.

I suspect you have a W220...the price is about right if using a dealer and new parts.

Opps

Sorry yes your right it's a 2011 220cdi blue motion estate

Thanks

Depends what they are replacing, if its a strut, then sounds about right

As they explained on phone I think it's just the compressor, and the car is an E class

sorry, i skimmed over the compressor part!

i think the compressor alone is £450 ish at mb, and no more than an hours labour to fit.

id ask for a breakdown of the quote and take it from there.

I just purchased a re conditioned air suspension pump for my 2005 cls from my local Mb dealer, I paid £200 inc vat using a friends trade account.

problem is I'm in rural Portugal and not many people speak English and I don't speak Portuguese, so getting info from them is difficult, and off course need the car, so guess I'm just going to have to pay it, does merc have a complaint dept, so I can argue my case afterwards! Just a thought.

problem is I'm in rural Portugal and not many people speak English and I don't speak Portuguese, so getting info from them is difficult, and off course need the car, so guess I'm just going to have to pay it, does merc have a complaint dept, so I can argue my case afterwards! Just a thought.

They have a customer relations dept...but what is your complaint going to be?

Overcharged surely there would be standard charge for parts and labour witching reason,

Not even within the UK. Dealers can charge whatever they like, or think their customers will tolerate...

you could call customer services in the UK HO and ask them to find out for you?

Yes I have emailed them, ta

Try Aerosus - give them your VIN and they'll check which is the right pump for your car - their online chat service is spot on.

A quick check looks like this one: https://aerosus.co.uk/mercedes/e-cl...air-suspension-compressor-original-wabco.html

That's their UK page, but they trade in Euros too.

I bought a brand new AMK pump from them which is OEM for my car, and identical to that fitted by the dealer, and I think that was £229 including VAT, plus delivery. Arrived next day. Excellent service.

PS It cost £80 to fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom