Air Suspension Issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chr15w

Car
c350e
My 2016 C350e has given 18 months of hassle free motoring but yesterday I rased the suspension to get down a bumpy track. When I got home (on mostly EV) I could smell either battery or elec motor and a "Malfunction" warning came on. As far as i can tell the ride height has NOT returned to normal and although malfunction warning does not show the suspension will not go up or down when requested. Any ideas?

Many models with air suspension use a small rod/lever to determine suspension height, and if these break or bend then it can cause a malfunction. If you car has the same set up then worth having a poke around and checking side to side to see if you can see a difference.

However if the smell was linked to the failure then the air compressor would be worth investigating. When you press the raise/fall button do you hear the compressor at all, whiting or engaging? Aftermarket alternatives are available for £2-300 so even if you have to pay a mechanic you could have it replaced for £3-400.

Thanks Bobby Dazzler. The ride height is uniform around the car and I can hear the compressor working. I assume there is a sensor/valve that regulates the air pressure in the system, could that be the problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom