Air suspension lowering links

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mistermackay3

Car
Mercedes E Class 220D SE 2016
Hi, I have had two plastics links break on two long journeys. Can metal lowering links replace the plastic ones or are we talking about two different thing? Thanks Colin

You may be better just replacing the sensor. They are not too steep from mb.

When they broke what happened to the suspension?
The drivers side wheel went down to the blocks once and on the second ocaasion the nearside rear went right down. Each time the garage said it was the plastic rods that had broken. Colin

There is a plastic rod on the sensor which is connected to the body by a steel rod (on my car)...the lowering links replace the steel rod. If the plastic arm on the sensor is broken then the lowering links will not work.

What year is your car?

There is a plastic rod on the sensor which is connected to the body by a steel rod (on my car)...the lowering links replace the steel rod. If the plastic arm on the sensor is broken then the lowering links will not work.

What year is your car?[/QUOTE
Hi, I have checked their invoice and they replaced the front level sensor rods which had snapped. From what you are saying, the metal lowering links are not the same thing and it would therefore be pointless buying the metal lowering links. My car is a 2007 model. I take it that the sensors always have a plastic rod and they have not been modified. Colin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom