Air Suspension will not rise 2004 E320 Avantgarde est W211

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

55GAR

Car
E320 CDI Avantgarde estate W211
Hi I have just joined as I have been given, yes given, a 2004 w211 e320 estate. The car has been lying idle for about 18 months and althought it started first turn of key the air suspension will not lift and the rear wheels are up inside the arches. It had new air units in the rear about 3 years ago. I am a mechanic by trade but have been away from modern vehicles with lots of electrics for some time although I am used to dodgy air suspension as I have a Discovery 3 as well. I would be obliged if anyone has any ideas where to start checking. I have a Snap On Solus Pro which will hopefully help diagnostics. Cheers Colin

Welcome to the forums. Did you check the valve control block? The rear sensors? also the pipes running to the rear could have a leak

Welcome aboard seems your pump may have blown a fuse I would make certain it is working,maybe putting 12 volts through it to make certain it works,

Welcome aboard seems your pump may have blown a fuse I would make certain it is working,maybe putting 12 volts through it to make certain it works,
Fed pump from slave battery and it works but no power to pump from car. I have found relay, a green 5 pin one but where is the fuse as I cant seem to find one. I did howerver find a small motorcycle size battery under the cabin filter housing when looking for fuses but thats got me stumped??

Fed pump from slave battery and it works but no power to pump from car. I have found relay, a green 5 pin one but where is the fuse as I cant seem to find one. I did howerver find a small motorcycle size battery under the cabin filter housing when looking for fuses but thats got me stumped??

Hi well have you found the pre fuse box,I think on your car it is under the passenger dash,but maybe look it up,you want fuse 74 it is a 40amp for the Airmatic Relay.
Engine Bay fuse 45 it is 7.5
End of Dash fuse37 it is 15 amp

If this fails suggest you get a auto electrician involved they are not expensive and he will be able to test the electricals dealing with the air pump,if you find that 40 amp fuse blown it will have gone for a reason so it is not wise to just stick a new one in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom