AirCap issue (not software related) found the culprit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thebook

Car
Audi RS5
Having decided to take a proper look at my AirCap not retracting (it went down but straight back up again), I have now reversed the issue.

It does down fine, but won't fully open, and I think I know why.

It now gets stuck on the right handside, and there appears to be a pin which should retract when the AirCap opens, it should then extend when it closes, to lock it in place I guess. I assume it was protruding when I tried to close the AirCap, hence it bounced back up. Now I have the issue that it won't retract when it tries to go up, hence it's stuck.

I have attached a photoAirCap 1.jpg . Anyone experienced this? Do we know how/what controls this pin? Can I get it replaced in isolation?

So it appears I need to whole new AirCap system in order to replace the broken pin. As the cost is circa £1,200 I am now looking at breaker yards. Anyone have any experience of this?

Try something like parts finder and see if you get any hits back

One alternative idea, what would happen if I removed the pin entirely? I appreciate it locks the AirCap down but seeing as the arms are pretty sturdy, I doubt that even at speed it would rise, what's the worst that could happen if the pin was removed?!

Hi

I'm considering doing this too. Did you have any issues / vibration once the pin was removed?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom