Aircon can you help?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Neiltodd

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E400 Cabriolet
Had my aircon regassed by kwikfit 4 weeks ago,was working really well when I took my car on a long trip immediately after and the following day but I havent used it since till today when the aircon didnt cool the car. Does it need reset on a star machine or something else?
Thanks

Did they do a pressure check? You may have a leak somewhere.
I had mine done but it disappeared overnight. Luckily there was green dye in mine and I have now fixed the leak but still not got round to getting it recharged.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MBClub UK

Mercedes in inverness checked it for leaks after the last time,didnt find any and re did it.Might have to put it back to them again.

Had my aircon regassed by kwikfit 4 weeks ago,was working really well when I took my car on a long trip immediately after and the following day but I havent used it since till today when the aircon didnt cool the car. Does it need reset on a star machine or something else?
Thanks

Why did you get it re-gassed? Was it totally failed before and not cooling?
How long was it like that?

What often happens is the labyrinth seal (or carbon seals) at the shaft of the compressor fail.
There is some lube in the gas, and if its not found its way to the compressor for a while the seals dry out and get damaged.

A damaged shaft seal will leak the gas away over a few hours or days.

Steve

Appears to gradually lose its effectiveness over about 24 months each time so is quite feeble when I get round to attending to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom