Aircon Charge pressure reading on High & Low sides Vito Viano?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ahuncutka

Car
Mercedes Vito 120
Hi,

Can someone help please! It looks like, something not quite right with my aircon on the Viano. It needed a small amount of recharge as it was not cooling... Apparently only needed a little refrigerant to make it cool.

The analogue pressure gauges now show 18c outside & Engine ide: moving between 25-35psi on low side and simultaneously on the high side 150-250psi Engine on idle, Both gauges crawl up simultaneously and come down between the above figures...
The aircon guy reckons it’s too high of a reading on the high side and might be the expansion valve playing up and needs changing.

I plugged my star software on and states, that the max acceptable pressure is 360psi compressor runs 86-96% again on idle but Star says it should ne 100%. evaporator temp 3.5-6c pressure fluctuates between 10 -17Bar (150-250psi)

Anyone who can tell me if the above readings are ok, or does it need attention? And if so where do we look???

Help greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance!!!

Just based on what you're saying:

150psi on the high side sounds about right. 250psi sounds a little too high. It sounds like it's cycling, probably because you're over charged or due to a blocked expansion valve. When you rev the engine, where does the low side read?

Hi alabasi,
when i first reved it up the low side dropped to 10psi but after 40-60sec and steady 2000rpm low side sits nicely at 20psi and does not move. the high side sits at 170-180psi nice and steady... ???
Is that any good???

Mind you, not sure how much it matters but its 18c outside = 65F'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom