Aircon Gasing W209

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CLKKOMP

Has anyone re-gaqsed there own CLK W209 using the Charger kit from Merc???

If so any tips or tricks would be great or even a how to would be wicked

thanks
neil

I didn't know they did a charger kit. What is the part number?

I didn't know they did a charger kit. What is the part number?

my mate works @ merc parts dept he has only just started there and thats what he has told me, ill get the kit off him and take a look

My girlfriend does too and she hasnt heard of one either. Would be interested to see it and have a part number so I can buy one or two for the business.

Let us all know. Ta

I am sorry but I think this could be another Urban Myth. Asked my man at my local dealers and he laughed at me. He pointed out the legislations for working with Air Con Gasses. You have to have a license apparently to dispose of the old gas and lubricants. Plus the danger of gas escaping into the environment. Herr Tony would not like that at all. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
They certainly do, I saw them last summer, but was unsure if they would damage the system, or if they had R134 or some other gas that would not work so well

Halfords kits are only for topping up, they cannot be used for proper servicing, so are only useful for regular top ups say once every two or three years if you have no significant leaks, they are also expensive. Much better to have them serviced properly, i.e. discharge, vac down, leak check, re-charge and full function test, most don't bother and wait untill it stops working or doesn't appear as efficient as it used to, this is what i do and i have all the kit to recover and re-charge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom