aircon making a hissing noise

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dannyp1512

Car
E350cdi coupe
Hello everyone

I got in the car last night and switch on the aircon which has been working fine

I turned on the blower without the aircon and it was fine then when I switched on the aircon it started making a hissing noise and then I noticed it wasn’t getting cold

Any ideas what it might be

I was thinking it has a leak

My car's aircon makes a hissin noise every now and then and just couple of weeks ago I had the air con recharged and the guy said everything's fine so now i just ignore it when the noise comes on

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Mine was doing something similar, has the ac regased and it's gone away.

cheers guys

would it just stop like that as it was working fine last week and yesterday it just stop getting hot. does the gas run out like that

A long long time ago, I had a 1993 E36 325i which didn't have enough charge.

It was fixed under warranty and then it hissed when it worked.

The only car I still hear that on is our Juke, which I had recharged as it was down, but it still hisses but nothing like the same loudness as BMW.

It is a the compressor making the noise I suspect.

Well I just had my aircon looked at Into Cool at Burnham on Crouch Essex a husband and wife operation what smashing people,Chris is by far the best aircon guy I have every met, he checked the whole system out he explained all that he was doing and then reset my cars computer to switch the aircon on,result ice cold air in the car,he says he gets lots of people who were looking at a fortune at the main dealers,for what was a simple repair,they do nothing else but aircon repair and re gassing they give a free check on all vehicles.sorry to sound like a advert for them but you meet so few people like this trying to get a car repaired these days.

nice 1 I will give them a shout if my regas don't go well tomorrow morning

update

had it re gassed this morning and all seems good no more hissing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom