aircon on and off or off and on!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tron

Car
S203 220CDI.
Car: S203 facelift.
Converted it to elegance trim and used the heater panel PCB that came with the wooden trim because it worked all the vents like the old 'un didn't. Driving back today, I thought the aircon wasn't doing much conditioning but once I pushed the off button, it came back to its normal cryogenic self. When I got home, I found that the escutcheon plate which came with the wooden trim (which I had discarded because the other one was tidier) has a legend reading A/c. The other reads a/c off! so I press a/c off to get a/c on and the little red light when the aircon is on. Needless to say it is the a/c switch legend that is tatty.
Current plan: matt black paint over the word "off". Most peculiar. Was there a model year difference between the switch functions?

There are two different part numbers: 203 830 3085 reads a/c. 203 830 4085 reads a/c off. They are functionally reversed so my car is unique. It has a red light which comes on to remind me to turn the aircon off!

There are two different part numbers: 203 830 3085 reads a/c. 203 830 4085 reads a/c off. They are functionally reversed so my car is unique. It has a red light which comes on to remind me to turn the aircon off!
Why would you turn it off anyway?

Well because I did not realise it was reversed, I drove 300 miles this morning fearing the wallet pulling tool. It is useful to be able to turn it off sometimes. (In the event of a faulty system is one but also in the event of a faulty driver. Sore throats are often not helped by dry air.)

A/C is off when light on in my Oct 04 built car. I think it's supposed to be a warning that the a/c is off.

What seems more stupid to me is the auto light is on when it's in auto - means you have red light showing all the time. Except I never use auto as it keeps the fan speed too low for my liking, unless it's on the coldest setting and then the fan goes mad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom