Aircon on one side

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

comports

Car
CLK 350 Cabriolet
Hi Folks,

Just as the weather picks up the aircon packs up.! sort of.

It still gets cold on the passenger side but not on the drivers side. Had this before in my Range Rover and they have a thing called blend motors each side. Is it the same with the CLK's and likely to be the culprit..?

I wonder if my warranty will pick this up.

Any clues what to look for and I assume this is not a DIY job as I believe it's a full dash out.

Thanks in advance
Ash

Hi,
There is a heater valve which has two separate sections one for each side, one could be jammed, these valves is a reasonably common issue on MB's, but it could also be a control panel issue though this is a less common problem. Might be worth getting it a STAR machine to see if it can point to something more specifically.

My S211 started doing the exact same thing a couple of weeks ago.

The problem has gone away so far, and all I did was run full hot for 5 mins, then full cold, and alternated that way for a few cycles. I thought that if the duovalve, or a distribution flap/motor had got stuck, then this might free it up and get things moving again.

It appears to have worked.

My S211 started doing the exact same thing a couple of weeks ago.

The problem has gone away so far, and all I did was run full hot for 5 mins, then full cold, and alternated that way for a few cycles. I thought that if the duovalve, or a distribution flap/motor had got stuck, then this might free it up and get things moving again.

It appears to have worked.

The 211 does not have a valve for both sides. I'm guessing the issue was from low refrigerant (I cannot remember which side looses cool air first, and it could be different for RHD cars).

Hmmm. I read through search that it could be down to low refrigerant as well. Not sure if this is the same for the 209 (CLK) as the threads were all on 211's though.

Maybe worth a shot at changing temp a few times and then maybe a re gas

Thanks chaps

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom