AIRMATIC MALFUCTION

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Front it's installed in suspension arm
Rear it's separated. It's like rubber cylinders
But you have to lift your car for checking.
I have changed the air pump and all good now. Bought a new pump, but its make oise, and start allot of time.

Anyone please. Should i change the relays, as installed new air compressor pump for airmatic and which should i change A or B . Relay?

Ok so with a new pump the car is at the right height,now when you are fitting the filter check for leaks.

Ok so with a new pump the car is at the right height,now when you are fitting the filter check for leaks.
Mechanic checked for the leaks before installing the new pump and said, cant find any leaks.

A side note; compressor pump relay is changed always when pump is changed (also WIS states that). Relay is tend to 'weld' when aged, and then newish pump will burn...

Well the air suspension system on mercedes can be a problem,but I wonder did you get to see how old the pump was that was changed,my guess is it was the original and 14 years old,you never did say how many miles the car had done,the W221 S class is one of the bargain cars out there second hand,but as they get older money will have to be spent,do you know if the ATF has been changed in the gearbox,now if the box goes wrong that will make you blink as to how much one of those is,as the years go on these cars change hands and less services are done and so the car will give trouble,lets hope a new pump is all that goes wrong and you have trouble free motoring.

Well the air suspension system on mercedes can be a problem,but I wonder did you get to see how old the pump was that was changed,my guess is it was the original and 14 years old,you never did say how many miles the car had done,the W221 S class is one of the bargain cars out there second hand,but as they get older money will have to be spent,do you know if the ATF has been changed in the gearbox,now if the box goes wrong that will make you blink as to how much one of those is,as the years go on these cars change hands and less services are done and so the car will give trouble,lets hope a new pump is all that goes wrong and you have trouble free motoring.
Changed ATF 1 month ago. I try to find the relay, couldnt find it, do i need to change A and B both?

A side note; compressor pump relay is changed always when pump is changed (also WIS states that). Relay is tend to 'weld' when aged, and then newish pump will burn...
I try to find the relay, couldnt find it, do i need to change A and B both?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom