Airmatic Settings

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

suty455

Car
E350 CDI
Hi All, have just changed the front struts on my W212 and am now seeing the malfunction icon on the dash and the system has gone into emergency mode ie sport setting with no height adjustment, i have a Icarsoft MB v 3 which has the calibrate option within the menu however I must admit am a bit confused by the inputs, its showing minus figures I just need to know how it works is the minus a minus from maximum extension and if so what is the default height figure we should be aiming for on a flat level surface (MOT test bay) there are also options to input angles which we would need special tools to do are these essential or are there some standard default settings?
Rear bags and shocks were replaced previously and we had no issues but I think the Mech may have pressed the calibrate option in the menu in error and cleared the previous calibration as it now shows calibration not carried out. Am booked in for a full setup with my local Indie on the 22nd but the front left is a little lower both visually and in the handheld and I would like to get a basic level height in the meantime

I don't know the specifics for your model but when MB set up the AIRmatic on my CLS55 they had to set height sensors on the four corners and adjust to give the height shown in WIS for the normal ride height at each corner. There were plus and minus figures for the raised and sport setting but the system calculated those automatically.
I'd say best leave it until it can be done using STAR/Xentry

So it went in Today and all is now restored magic carpet ride is back for the record the xentry system lists 20 as the default starting midpointand my corners are -11 and -13 at least thats what the printout says sadly they dont share the angles, but as long as it doesnt get wiped again it should now be good for years as all parts are now new, just curious about somethng though it says that there is an open circuit on my fuel filter sensor any ideas no warnings or issues and weirdly enough rear passenger door actuator has a fault, before this i had a skoda superb estate which was modelled on the E class and used many of the same systems from Bosch and others BCMs etc and that used to always say the exact same thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom