Airmatic to coil

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zamanadil

Car
2005 s320 cdi
Hi all a quick silly question.. on a 2005 s320 cdi is it not possible to just go to a scrap yard and get some coil spring suspension of another Mercedes model that might bolt on to the s class or does it have to be a proper kit. A guy I know owns a e320 estate and said that his mate owns a scrap yard and he rang him and told him how he was having problems with his airmatic so the guy sort of gave him some upper and lower suspension arms of other models and springs and he got them fitted and it's been over a year and no problem. Just would like to explain that my s320 cdi is a used one with high mileage so that's why im trying my best to find a cheap option I know il lose the comfort etc but im not bothered. Any advise and suggestions will be appreciated.

I don't think any S class came with steel suspension, in which case there won't be any suitable parts to swap over to?
One would also need to consider how the insurance company will view the change. Might be cheaper/simpler to find a replacement car?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom