Alan McNish gets a haircut

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That and Kovaleinen's close shave at Barcelona...

Motorsport is dangerous

If anything deserves the Wallace and Grommet expression "a close shave" this slo-mo of a
I watched it on BBC news24 and it puts Kovalainen crash into perspective, but if we are talking 'haircuts' then may I nominate Karl Harris?

Unbelievable that he was not seriously injured and none of the fancy four wheeled protection.

Regards
Joh

I watched it on BBC news24 and it puts Kovalainen crash into perspective, but if we are talking 'haircuts' then may I nominate Karl Harris?

Unbelievable that he was not seriously injured and none of the fancy four wheeled protection.

Regards
Joh

What is not shown clearly on that video, is that after he got hit, he was laying down backwards on the bike and ended up in the tyre wall.

The marshals acted very quickly and I'm proud to say that I marshal with the same lot too, the best in the world.
10 yrs with Racesafe for me this year:rock: .

If anyone is interested in becoming a marshal, drop me a PM or see www.racesafe.org

What is not shown clearly on that video, is that after he got hit, he was laying down backwards on the bike and ended up in the tyre wall.

The marshals acted very quickly and I'm proud to say that I marshal with the same lot too, the best in the world.
10 yrs with Racesafe for me this year:rock: .

If anyone is interested in becoming a marshal, drop me a PM or see www.racesafe.org
The only luck Karl is having is bad luck! I was amazed to see him on his feet and rumour has it he will be at the next race!

Who is the geezer\marshall that always wears the leather cowboy type hat?

Regards
John

The only luck Karl is having is bad luck! I was amazed to see him on his feet and rumour has it he will be at the next race!

Who is the geezer\marshall that always wears the leather cowboy type hat?

Regards
John

There are quite a few.
If you see a marshal with a really long beard, that's Ken.
Next round Oulton Park, then the rescheduled meeting at Brands.
Keep an eye open for me on the startline. I'll be one of the ones with white stripes on my arms.

I have 2 guest passes if anyone wants them.
FREE (unless you want to buy me a pint in the Kentagon;) )

1st come, first gets them.

Last edited:
There are quite a few.
If you see a marshal with a really long beard, that's Ken. .
That's the one

I'll be one of the ones with white stripes on my arms.
If you wear your orange overalls then I won't be able to see your arms!:devil: :confused: :)

Will the snow ploughs be at Brands? :D

Regards
John

There are quite a few.
If you see a marshal with a really long beard, that's Ken.
Next round Oulton Park, then the rescheduled meeting at Brands.
Keep an eye open for me on the startline. I'll be one of the ones with white stripes on my arms.

I have 2 guest passes if anyone wants them.
FREE (unless you want to buy me a pint in the Kentagon;) )

1st come, first gets them.

I'll take you up on the offer of passes to Brands.

Ade

Just got my copy of the operations guide and I have been moved from the startline to Sheene exit. Should see a bit more action there;)

Just got my copy of the operations guide and I have been moved from the startline to Sheene exit. Should see a bit more action there;)
Are you still going to have those stripes on your arms? I'll give you a wave.

JKophn

Are you still going to have those stripes on your arms? I'll give you a wave.

JKophn

Yep.
All incident officers have white stripes.
Should be an interesting 2 days racing with the MRO there too:crazy:

Ade B, tickets in post:)

Tickets received thanks Grav..

Anyone else from the forum going to be there Sunday?

Ade

Tickets received thanks Grav..

Anyone else from the forum going to be there Sunday?

Ade

No probs.

For anyone else, I may possibly have 2 more tickets for this.

I won't know until the Saturday though, so if you PM me, give me your phone number, I'll call you Saturday evening.
You'll have to pick them up from me Saturday night or early Sunday morning at the back gate in Scratchers lane.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom