Alarm activates when locking car (CLK W208)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

traser

Car
S350 Bluetec W221 2011
Hi all,

When I go to lock the car with the fob, the alarm activates about 90% of the time. I have to keep sticking the key in the ignition, closing doors etc. until I hit the 10% chance that the alarm doesn't go off when I want to lock the car. This seems to have started happening since the snow and cold weather.

I've done a search on here to find a solution and some causes could possibly be;

* a spider or insect near a sensor
* door/boot/bonnet sensors not working
* sensor sensitivity too high
* faulty something or other

Does anyone have any experience of this issue? Can anyone tell me where the sensors are in a W208 so I (read: get my girlfriend...) can check for spiders? How would I check the other issues?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

I have a similar problem with mine. I think its something to do with the siren going faulty. Mine just has flashing indicators now. Was worse a few weeks ago but seems to have settled down a bit now. I also have fuse 5 blowing in the boot which I think is something to do with it.

You probably need a new siren or at least clean the terminals.

Perhaps we should take both our cars to get them fixed together...LOL may get a group discount...LOL:bannana:

You need to get it on star..

Its likely the anti tow sensor in the boot is faulty or the siren itself.

I have a similar problem with mine. I think its something to do with the siren going faulty. Mine just has flashing indicators now. Was worse a few weeks ago but seems to have settled down a bit now. I also have fuse 5 blowing in the boot which I think is something to do with it.

You probably need a new siren or at least clean the terminals.

Perhaps we should take both our cars to get them fixed together...LOL may get a group discount...LOL:bannana:

lol... group discount sounds good. I'll have a look at the weekend at you know what I find.

Hi traser,

Was wondering if you ever solved your alarm problem?

I have a 2002 clk230 and am having exactly the same issues.

If I remove fuse 5 in the boot the problem goes away but then i can only open the boot with the small metal key.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom