Alarm auto lock feature

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pachanga 231

Car
E280 cdi sport 2007
Forgetting to lock the door via the fob in my old age and some nights its remained unlocked all night!
Is there not a feature where it'll lock itself if it doesn't detect a key in the ignition.

I know of the feature where if you unlock it but don't open door it will lock itself.

TIA

Not that I know of but if linked to MercedesMe and left unlocked you can receive a text informing you of this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not such a feature for the W211s.

Last edited:
Be careful posting that on this forum, you'll only be ridiculed by 70% of other members for asking for such a 'silly' feature!

Lol, on the forum app so I can't post the link to the thread I mention, but some unfair slaughtering went on

Surprised some of the likely candidates from there haven't shoved their 1p in yet

Be careful posting that on this forum, you'll only be ridiculed by 70% of other members for asking for such a 'silly' feature!

Lol, on the forum app so I can't post the link to the thread I mention, but some unfair slaughtering went on

Surprised some of the likely candidates from there haven't shoved their 1p in yet

This feature was on a vw passat I used to have. Don't think it's that silly !

pachanga 231 said:
This feature was on a vw passat I used to have. Don't think it's that silly !

My Audi A3 did it (too soon after you got out the car) and my transporter van does it, but haven't worked out the time of it happening yet

It is a handy feature, no different to a telly turning off at some point rather than the still image leaving ghastly screen burn (which I speak of from experience :eek: )

I guess the risk is that you remove the key from the ignition but leave it in the car (say on the seat) as you are doing something and it locks on you leaving you keyless :-(

Can you not set it to give an audible indication on locking as well as lights (can on my A207)? Not hearing the noise may trigger the mind that it isn't locked.

Can't think of another way of warning you, maybe www.automatic.com can do it or will be adding it (when it comes to the UK) if MercedesMe isn't an option.

My van blares out a loud beeping noise which really bugs me if I have someone talking to me stationary with my door open, lol

I guess the risk is that you remove the key from the ignition but leave it in the car (say on the seat) as you are doing something and it locks on you leaving you keyless :-(
^This.

The after-market alarm/immobiliser on the Nissan has done it to me (although I've always been able to use the second fob to get it back out again).

It's a "Marmite" feature; you either love that the doors automatically lock and the alarm arms even if you forget, or it drives you mad that the car is always locking its self when you're in the middle of doing something (and you have to keep unlocking it). - Yes, I know the workaround is to just leave the door open.

On balance, I think I'd welcome being able to set an auto-locking feature as long as I could have a suitably long delay time; perhaps 5 minutes rather than 90 seconds.

pachanga 231 said:
Forgetting to lock the door via the fob in my old age and some nights its remained unlocked all night! Is there not a feature where it'll lock itself if it doesn't detect a key in the ignition. I know of the feature where if you unlock it but don't open door it will lock itself. TIA
On my car I have coded for the alarm to be active after 1 min that all doors are closed
But not door closing
I can figure it out how to do it and because I have keyless go it won't lock car if key is left accidentally inside the car

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom