Alarm going off intermittantly

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

justin0

Car
Mercedes C250 CDI Bluefficiency Sport Estate
Anyone have any idea what this code means? I've scanned the car with my Snap On Solus scanner and this is what i'm getting.

B1A3613 The glass breakage sensor has a malfunction.There is an open circuit.

The alarm is going off intermittently, so I am unsure of the fault. Is this a code that Star could recognize? I'd rather narrow down the issue, ultrasonics, glass etc.

Thanks in advance.

Hi all,

I've just bought a 2009 C250 sport with 126k on the clock, is there anything I should look out for? It's got a full MB history and loads of spec.

Pan roof
Comand
Full heated leather
Folding tow bar
3 zone climate
Etc

:rock:

Above quote from your other post.
Do you know if the car was sitting with a flat battery for a long period of time?

Dec

Hi,

No mate, used every day. The alarm is going off a few times a week, sadly there is no pattern to it. It would be useful if the code means something on Star.

Cheers

Your questing is were night this 'glass breakage sensor' be found on the car?

The brains of the alarm system is contained within the alarm siren, the alarm siren is well known to become faulty when it is about 7 to 10 years old, the internal rechargeable batteries, within the siren, start to corrode and in the process damage the alarm siren PCB, the result is usually false alarms such as what you are experiencing now.

Example… Alarm / Siren Issues : Goes off for no reason/Kills Battery FIX DIY.. - MBWorld.org Forums

If it is the case that your alarm siren PCB has become corrupt then interrogating it with software scanners might just report false information as to the cause of the fault, in this case a glass breakage sensor.

I doubt very much if glass breakage sensors are used in car alarms anymore as the produce a lot of false alarms , unless you can trace the cause of the faulty to a faulty door, boot or bonnet switch then its most likely to be the alarm siren itself that is causing the problem.
The alarm siren can be replaced, new from the main dealer, for around £100, if you DIY.

If it’s becoming a nuisance, you can stop the alarm from going off by disconnect the alarm siren by unplugging it while the car is unlocked, the car will still lock/unlock as usual but you wont have any theft cover on your car insurance.

Dec

[YOUTUBE HD]BzmpeK1TFfw[/YOUTUBE HD]

Thanks for your reply. I have read that the alarms were a problem, but I didn't realise the W204 was still affected in this way. Does the code mean anything in Star diagnostics? I'll have a look at the siren, but strangely the alarm has been OK this week.

Damn electronics!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom