Alarm Issue...yet again

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zxrichie

Car
ML350
Hi Guys, well i know this subject has been done to death, but i'm not looking for an answer, i just want to turn the dam thing off forever...period!! Quick run down, working fine one day (3 years ago) then when i arm and lock it instead off the usual 3 clicks, it just kept going , god knows how long and then it went off, over the last few years its done this with a few variants along the way, i've got it down to locking all doors from the inside switch and the drivers door with the key, under the assumption the alarm isn't armed. How foolish i am, last 3 nights (i may add, ONLY nights) the alarm goes off... Dam and blast i hear you say.. i could cut the wire to the horn, but that doesn't stop the alarm from going off all night and draining my battery, so i unlock the rear flap/door slightly open it, and close it. it looks like its got 4 locked doors and the alarm is off, But if anyone knows how to kill the alarm for good, i would appreciate it.

Regards

Rich

Have you ever changed the alarm siren for a new one? The internal batteries corrode and the alarm displays some of the problems you are having.
Instead of disconnecting the alarm which is easy enough, get a new one fitted. They only cost around £100 and are easy to change once you have found the location, usually behind one of the front wheel arch covers.

It appears some alarm sirens on the ML are under the bonnet against the bulkhead.

Instead of disconnecting the alarm which is easy enough, .

Am, high, do you mind expanding on the easy way to diconnect the alarm please

Rich

Pull the wires out. The batteries go flat and you will never hear from it again. done it on 2006 C200 a while ago. In that case the sounder is behind the left front wheel arch cover and can be accessed and removed without even taking the road wheel off.

As above. You will see a black plug that connects to alarm siren. If you aren't going to replace it, just unplug it and wrap insulation tape around the plug to prevent water ingress.
Be aware you won't have any warning sound if somebody tries to break into the ML. Also, there may be insurance implications if the alarm is disconnected and it got stolen, ie no payout.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom