Alarm Issues - CLS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paul1977

Car
CLS 2.1 2015 Shooting Brake
Good morning All,
Having only recently bought my first Mercedes, I am new to the group. Upon the purchase of my car, I wasn't expecting to need to post threads so soon! I currently have 2 areas I would appreciate your help on, and will post in separate threads.
The car first, is a MB CLS Shooting Brake 2.1 2015. I bought at the start of December 2019, and am overall very happy with the car. Very nice to drive, and ticks all the boxes as a family car.
Now for the problem. Whilst sat at home on Friday night, my alarm started going on my car. Following a spate of thefts in the area, I initially thought the car was of course being stolen. After carefully looking over the car, it appeared nothing had been touched, and I locked the car back up. This then happened an additional 4 or 5 times, at about 20-30 minute intervals. The things that stood out to me on the night were that when I approached the alarming car, when I pressed the unlock button on the fob, it unlocked the car, but did not stop the alarm. In fact, I could get in the car and start it whilst the alarm was still going! I've never had a car in the past where it would do this. Normally once you unlock the vehicle, the alarm would stop. But in this instance, it appeared the alarm would go for several minutes before deciding to stop of its own free will. After taking the car for a drive, and re-parking, the alarm stopped going off.
Since Friday night when this happened, when I now park the car, and click the lock button on the fob, the hazards/indicators continue to flash rapidly. This just keeps going, and the only way I can stop it is by pressing the lock button again!
I'll be honest and say I don't really know where to start looking! But am a little concerned as only had the car a month, and now have this problem every time I drive it. I'm hoping it is something you guys recognise and is a simple fix. Just seems odd to start after 1 month of ownership.
Any help or pointers are much appreciated.
Thank you

Please pay attention to which section you post in. Moving thread.

My alarm went off on its own while I was working on my other car just a few feet away.
For the first time since the late 70’s I had to call for breakdown assistance MB Assist
The breakdown guy wanted to get the car uplifted but instead I made an appointment for a few days later with my local MB service and drove the car in.
They replaced a faulty alarm under warranty.
My car BTW is a 2017 Shooting Brake
The MB alarm units seem to be a weak point as I had to replace the unit on my 2004 SL last year just a few weeks after purchase.

Do you have 2 fobs and do they both do the same thing?
Hi, I do have 2 x fobs, but have not tried the other. I will do so tonight when I get home, and keep you posted. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom