Alarm issues on W203

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I thought there should be a flashing red light on the middle as there is on my mums merc. But there is nothing.
I am locking the car with the fob and the opening it again with the metal key in the door. This is what set the other car off but nothing happens in mine.

Are there any other fuses I could check. ?

Last edited:
I have a fuse sheet which locates them.
I am sure its the A219 one.
That's a long story, someone who doesn't know how to test if they are working. Nothing to do with me BTW. may car is under warranty only had it a month. The guy sent me to some garage which didn't really have a clue.

As the car is 13 years old the original alarm siren would have expired by now and so, as has happened, a NEW siren needed to be fitted.
It’s possible that whoever fitted this “new” siren may in fact have fitted a used siren from a scrap yard and claimed it to be a new one from an MB dealer.

As you have warranty, I would suggest that you go back to the seller to have the fault fixed and don’t fiddle with it any more.

Let us know what happens.

Dec

It was a new one because I asked to see it and I have the invoice for it also.

The guy useless Dec. I think this is something I need to sort myself.

CLK is a similar to the W210 in video below, have a look and see if it’s plug in.
There are 3 wires in the siren plug, one should be live all the time no matter if the ignition is on or off, you need a 12v test light to test to see if the siren plug is getting any power, see… https://www.google.ie/search?q=12v+...KO7AbUlYGAAQ&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1471&bih=847

Picture source… http://www.justanswer.com/mercedes/...-my-name-xxxxx-xxxxx-looking-experienced.html
2012-09-06_162146_alarm_siren__battery.jpg

[YOUTUBE HD]zChaQHHaeJU[/YOUTUBE HD]

Either the siren is at fault, unlikely as its new, or there is some fault in the arming of the alarm, either way you have a faulty car alarm and you can’t get theft insurance cover if your alarm is not working properly.

Dec

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom