Alarm kept going off

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stardelta

Car
Mercedes c220 cdi brabus estate
Thought I would share a problem I had with the alarm falsely activating on a s204, only way to stop it activating was to go through the ritual of pushing the interior button for deactivating the interior ultrasonic sensors which stopped the problem and every time I forgot the alarm would sound and then after a few months it stopped going off, so I thought happy days but one day I popped the bonnet to top up the fluids and then shut it and a few minutes after locking the car the alarm started to sound again.
Really fed up I thought perhaps there is a electric switch on the bonnet catch and after some investigating found it, removed it and found no actual fault with the micro switch but readjusted the the flap of metal that pushes against the micro switch so there's slightly more pressure pushing it down and after reassembling have had no more false alarms.
I am presuming that the bonnet switch is deactivated by the button in the cabin that deactivates the interior motion sensors, just a thought for anyone that has the same problem.

Where do I locate the 'Interior Button' that you mention above?
How do you make sure that your alarm is off as requested by Brittany Ferries announcements when you embark on the ship.
It seems to be that few MB owners know this procedure, judging by the multiple
horns sounding when the ship's engines are started.
Tony

The OP is referring to the interior motion sensor, what you need for, ferry travel is the anti-tow-away sensor.

Do you have a switch similar to below depicting a car & hook? May be around mirror area.

s-l225.jpg

Dec

On my car the interior button is on the overhead control panel and so is the tow away button. Should be shown in the owners manual.

Yes as stated, both buttons are located on the overhead console in my car, one disables the interior motion sensors and the other is the anti tow/hijack sensor

Many thanks to you all, I have found the subject switches, which due to the minuscule size of the emblems and the colour of the switches, I had completely overlooked.
I have also read the relevant blurb in the OM.
Tony

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom