Alarm key+puddle=nightmare!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stwat

MB Enthusiast
Car
1989 W126 300 SE
As i came out of a shop yesterday arms full of shoping(and yes, it was raining) i fumbled in my pocket for my car keys. As i managed to pull them out i lost grip and they fell sraight into a rather large puddle!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And yes, the alarm fob wouldnt work :mad: So there i was, in a tshirt with arms full of shoping in the p!55!ng rain 5 miles from home :( Out comes the mobile to ring home for someone to bring me the spare set of keys. No'one home. So i thought, i know what il do il open the car with the key and use the little key which disarms the alarm. Only to find out(after id got the bonnet up with alarm sounding)id picked up my spare set of keys instead of my main keys, which doesnt have the alarm key :(

At this point, a police car which just hapend to be passing at the time, decided to pull over and the officer seemed to take a dull view of me(in my scruffy work gear) with my head under the bonnet of a merc trying to dissarm the alarm :eek:

Once id explaind the situation he seemed rather amused and agreed to give me a lift to get my keys and then dropped me back at my car :D

All i can say is,

Im an idiot, and a big thanks goes out to PC Johnson :D :bannana:

Stu :D

stwat said:
As i came out of a shop yesterday arms full of shoping(and yes, it was raining) i fumbled in my pocket for my car keys. As i managed to pull them out i lost grip and they fell sraight into a rather large puddle!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And yes, the alarm fob wouldnt work :mad: So there i was, in a tshirt with arms full of shoping in the p!55!ng rain 5 miles from home :( Out comes the mobile to ring home for someone to bring me the spare set of keys. No'one home. So i thought, i know what il do il open the car with the key and use the little key which disarms the alarm. Only to find out(after id got the bonnet up with alarm sounding)id picked up my spare set of keys instead of my main keys, which doesnt have the alarm key :(

At this point, a police car which just hapend to be passing at the time, decided to pull over and the officer seemed to take a dull view of me(in my scruffy work gear) with my head under the bonnet of a merc trying to dissarm the alarm :eek:

Once id explaind the situation he seemed rather amused and agreed to give me a lift to get my keys and then dropped me back at my car :D

All i can say is,

Im an idiot, and a big thanks goes out to PC Johnson :D :bannana:

Stu :D

Living up to your name eh mate. :D Joke

Glad our British Bobbies came up trumps. :bannana:

Brian WH said:
Living up to your name eh mate. :D Joke

Glad our British Bobbies came up trumps. :bannana:

Indeed, :D Ive been feeling like a right silly stwat ever since it hapend :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom