Alarm/ Lock Key

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jdsouza

Car
E 240 Elegance
I replaced the batteries on my key which operates the central locking and the alarm. Now the lock and alarm do not operate with this key. When I insert the key into the ignition, it does not work either. How can I get the car to recognise this key again. I am having to use the spare at the moment. It is W210. Key works the alarm and remote boot opening. It is not the first time that I have replaced the batteries, but I have not had this problem before. Any ideas?

My W124 handbook has a procedure to re-syncronise that key/car.
Does your's have this routine ?

From passenger side door:-
Press keyfob, turn door lock with key, press fob again, turn lock again.

Last edited:
I'll try

W210 manual does not mention this routine as far as I have seen. I'll try it and see what happens.

jdsouza said:
I replaced the batteries on my key which operates the central locking and the alarm. Now the lock and alarm do not operate with this key. When I insert the key into the ignition, it does not work either. How can I get the car to recognise this key again. I am having to use the spare at the moment. It is W210. Key works the alarm and remote boot opening. It is not the first time that I have replaced the batteries, but I have not had this problem before. Any ideas?

The key does not need a battery to operate the ignition, as some other members have pointed out to me, there is a spare flat emergency key which does not have a battery and that starts the car.

Not sure what is happening there?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom