Alarm note when first turning key

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

littleowl

Car
C220 AMG Sport Edition Auto Estate, VW T5, Ducati Scrambler
It must be a simple thing but just recently my car has given a single alarm note before starting the engine, sounds similar to the sound made by aircraft when they want you to buckle/unbuckle your seatbelt so is it connected to this? Thing is it’s only just started doing it in the last few days so have I inadvertently pressed something - I can’t see any different warning lights etc

It's a reminder that you're sitting in the 'No Smoking' area...:)

It did it while driving too so will have to go into MB, bet it won’t do it then :rolleyes:

It might be trying to tell you something - my CLK used to give 4 discreet beeps when turning the ignition on.

It turned out to be COMAND letting me know the SMS text message input queue was full.

Well I took it to MB today, it did it first thing in the morning when I got into the car, but would not replicate it at the dealers! :rolleyes: The technician obviously couldn't advise me of what it might be without hearing it, and didn't have any suggestions. It didn't do it the rest of the time I was out, but then just as I was turning into my driveway it sounded again o_O. So I am absolutely none the wiser, it must be warning me of something but without any other warning lights or messages I haven't a clue.

It's going to drive me mad now!

Maybe you could record the sound with your phone next time you insert the key? At least that way, you'll have something to further a diagnosis at the dealer...

I *think* I have got to the bottom of it - I believe its something to do with my satnav personal POIs, as it does it every time I get near home. I did think it sounded in a random place too but I’ve yet to test the theory out. Would have thought everyone with POIs would hear it too in that case!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom