Alarm Questions 1994 C220

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jack202

Car
1994 C220
Hi all,

I have recently bought a 1994 C220 which had a separate alarm fob to the key, i have replaced the battery in the fob as it was dead but it still does nothing, although the little red LED lights up, any ideas ?

Are you sure the alarm itself is still there? I think they were all aftermarket fitted at the dealer if the customer wanted it. Many were removed when they went wrong.

Silly question but how do i tell if its still there ? also a friend mentioned that he thought you could turn the alarm on and off with a key but i have no idea where this would be ?

Hi all,

I have recently bought a 1994 C220 which had a separate alarm fob to the key, i have replaced the battery in the fob as it was dead but it still does nothing, although the little red LED lights up, any ideas ?

Is the little Red light on the remote fob or on the dash?

Do you have the round key as in small picture below and do you have the flip out Mercedes one button remote?
You probably have a scorpion alarm fitted.

Lock yourself inside the car, stay completely still for 60 seconds then open a door/bonnet or boot to see if the alarm sounds and note if the hazard lights flash.

Dec

KeyfobAndBatteries.jpg

Last edited:
sadly is neither of those, its a little fob with one button and has 'sikura' written on it.

If you have a alarm disabling point its often a little key socket in the glove compartment or under the dash somewhere However you would normally have in your possession a "disabling key" in addition to the remote. Support for these old systems is minimal and without documentation/instructions and a working remote chances of resurrecting it are poor. In fact it may have already been disabled because its gone faulty. Best advice is normally to get the old one removed and replaced with a modern substitute that meets current insurance requirements.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom