Alarm siren keeps going

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Johneeboy

Car
CL 55 AMG
Hello all. I need some help please.

My 2002 CL55 AMG has definitely got gremlins no sooner than I fix one issue another slaps me. The latest is As soon as the car locks the alarm goes off but stops as it should when I unlock it. Leave a bit it self locks and the alarm goes off again. If I open and close the passenger door it doesn't self lock. I have recently replaced the battery would this have done something. Any body had the same issue and know of a fix. Thanks

Hi,

I would suspect the alarm module, they have their own internal batteries and eventually fail. If it’s still the original one then likely. You could unplug it iirc without it causing problems, possibly under one of the front wheel arch liners.
Hoping someone will be more knowledgeable.

Some MB alarm senders have their own self contained batteries and circuitry and when they go wrong they can cause all sorts of oddball faults to appear. Find it and unplug it. many are situated behind the cover under the front left wheel arch, some (I believe) are on the RHS and some are elsewhere. Someone on here will know . On my car it is beneath the LH front wheel arch cover. Good luck.

If you do this yourself ,then you will find that water has found its way inside the modual . Under the front wing .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom