Alarm siren problems

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Trouty

Car
2005 CLS320
Hi Guys

Had issues with radio and central locking. Kept blowing fuse 8. Problem turns out to be the alarm siren gone bad. Lots of good input from guys on here helped track it down.

Does anybody know whether there will be any ongoing issues if the alarm siren is not replaced? Will the car operate happily without one?

Search on here, loads of threads about replacing alarm. - If you remove it, you will invalidate your car insurance BTW.

I helped remove one from a family members C W203 class a few years ago, we insulated the feed wires. No problems since.

Removed the faulty siren from my father's W210 (E Class), no problems with the car.

If in an accident, the car is too old to bother claiming for anyway.

Why remove it when it’s a simple job to replace it. Cost of new alarm is around £100 and is a straight plug & play.

Hi, had the same issue, removed it and opened it using a sharp knife, but be careful in case you damage the board, I found that the battery had corroded a little,
cleaned it up and replaced the litium battery and then resealed it. Quite an easy fix as long as it is not heavily corroded you should be fine.

Why remove it when it’s a simple job to replace it. Cost of new alarm is around £100 and is a straight plug & play.
Bought new from the dealership, and it's now a rust bucket, so drive it until it dies. The rust will kill it before the engine or transmission dies, as it is still serviced regularly.

Solid reliable engine and transmission throughout the years, just a shame on the body.

Thanks chaps. Seems there's no real issues being without one, but I'll probably replace it anyway.

Thanks chaps. Seems there's no real issues being without one, but I'll probably replace it anyway.
Let us know what you pay for a new one, last one I saw new was £150. Used ones that have not been rebuilt are not an option for obvious reasons, some people refurbish them. Don't forget , the fault in yours made its self obvious by blowing fuses. When they fail they can also run your battery down by flashing the indicators and doing all sorts of weird stuff. :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom