Alarms- options and wiring info

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adturb

Car
W447 long dualiner
Looking to retro fit an alarm to my 447. Was seriously looking at the Auto Watch 695 CAN alarm that integrates with the key (so no extra remote) as I believe I can disable the interior sensors remotely if/ when I leave a window cracked and then disarm and arm the alarm without starting the vehicle.

Then had a brainwave about going old-school and fitting a dedicated alarm and fob that I can choose when to arm- as I don’t generally park anywhere I’m worried about it going missing or losing a window it isn’t needed all the time.

Anyone have a link to the wiring diagrams or have experience with the above ideas?

Can't help with your question but why don't you replace the factory fitted alarm siren, costs about £100.
The alarm siren contains the brains of the alarm system.

Dec

There is no alarm on my van- only the immobiliser. I’ve locked the van remotely, waited a few mins and manually unlocked the drivers door- no noise at all.
The factory alarm option wasn’t ticked so I don’t think there is a siren to replace!?

Have you looked at the Autowatch Ghost.... ?

I would have thought that van would have an alarm system, it's likely it's not in working order, alarms are standard thease days.
What year is van & are there any alarm/towaway switches on dash.

Dec

Not looked in depth at auto watch ghost, but for the cost I prefer the hidden switch, subject to locating the wiring diagrams!

100% the alarm is a £330 option on the current Vito- and I do NOT have it on my 2017. It's a really surprising as like you I would expect it to be standard fit. Amazing how many options you need to select to end up with the same spec as a standard Transit..... That said this is sooooo much better than the Transit, c'est la vie!

Did you get an alarm fitted? What did you decide to do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom