Album Art

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thebig1

Car
Mercedes C63
Hi Guys,

I have a 2013 (September) C63 With Comand Online.

I got a brand new CD for xmas but there is no Album art showing? Is this correct?
And what is Gracente I hear a lot about?

Gracenote is a huge database of CD's. If you're using an app that refers to it whilst online then you'll get instant access to album information but in a car you'll have to put up with a version that is only updated manually when you get the maps updated by a dealer. A new album most likely was released after your cars database was loaded so impossible to include. Try a few older CD's and you should find that they are recognised and display album art. Last update that I'm aware of was summer 2014. Check your car for the map version, v10 being the latest I think.

Hi Ya,

In the engineering menu, you can set Gracenote to "Online" what will this do?

Would an iphone allow ablum art to be shown? Mine just shows a graphic of my iphone.

Try it by all means but the "online experience" isn't up to much. Accept defeat when it comes to album art, you can have every album perfectly displayed in itunes but COMAND is so fussy when it comes to jpeg album art plenty wont display. I get some album art but have never found the jpeg specs to get it right first time. More chance if you keep the jpegs to less than 500x500 pixels generally.

Cheers for that.
What is the best way to play iphone music?
I can set all the album art in itunes etc but is it best through BT or another way?

What is the best way to play iphone music?
Via the Media Interface, as it gives you full control of the device, searching, playlist access, etc.

I've only got an ipod so I just plug it in to the media interface in the armrest, that way I can control it from the head unit, I imagine that's best for a phone as well. You won'.t get any album art at all via bluetooth

Connect your phone as a USB device and transfer the mp3 stuff to the Music Register, that's another option or connect as a USB device and use the "Search" option to "Search by Cover" then it will scan your files and download all the album art on to the COMAND hard drive. Doing this benefits you when you play music from your iphone through the preferred Media Interface because COMAND also looks there for album art.

Hi ya,

I tried all them and none work. Blue tooth just says paused, all the others say no compatible device connected

Noticed to day while at the dealer that the Gracenote selection under "CD" when a disc is playing is grayed out. the tech said "mmmmm thats not right" so its going in for a firmware and sat nav update in a few weeks. Its at version 8 and they said 11 is out now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom