Alcantara Staining, C204 - W204

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ronan1982

Car
Mercedes C220I Coupe
Hi MB Club,

Right I am having a problem with my Alcantara Seat centres!
The Seats are Half Leather Half Alcantara Bucket type seats.
At first I presumed it might be sweat as I purchased the car in summer, that was leaving white stains all over the alcanatara.
After copious amounts of detailing and cleaning every month, it still returns!
I have been told it could be down to someone who owned the car before myself shampooing the seats and its still embedded in the Alcantara?
Just curious if anyone has the same problems or managed to get rid of it.

Im gonna try my luck at Sonax Alcantara cleaner and hope it goes.

Sonax should be good but you may have to VAX them (or Similar) another product that I used was Halfords Upholstery cleaner (seriously, yes!) and it worked really well and gets good reviews on staining - just remember to agitate throughly BUT be careful on the Alcantara work gently.. have you "You Tubed - How To.." works wonders, I've found a lot of answers to my questions on there......

Yeah I saw the thread mate, but much appreciated!
Did you have to fight it that much to get them done from MB? Surely if it's a worldwide issue it should be done no questions asked!
We don't pay thousands of pounds to have a fault/ issue regarding the car, esp when it's a MB/Germany **** up!
Any info? Or people I should contact before I go to the dealer I purchased the car from?
Didn't fancy the Alcantara re done mate?
Regards

All I know is that it is a known issue with MB nad I actually used this thread as an example to prove this issue was real and not just my car. Although, I did raise the staining at point of sale and they were waiting for MB to confirm when the original covers came into stock. However, I decided to go down the route of their offer to recover in leather by a company in Essex called DK Schwieser but I would not recommend this because the qaulity of the leather isn't up to par.

Get an original interior. You will have to push the dealer and demand it to be fixed It is an issue!

Cheers

Spoke to MB Colindale, and they are trying to say it's a manufacturer fault, and being 3 months outside that 3 years warranty im not covered, even with the extended tier 1 warranty. So they are looking into it!
Don't look good.. so unless I'm trading the car in for another MB I'm screwed! Got to affect the final value when I sell on. And after all this I think I will leave the Mercedes "the best or nothing" Benz brand well alone in future!

Keep pushing and go to the top and speak to the directors, I had to do this to get mine sorted.. als, try MB direct, they don't like complaints...!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom