Alcantara/suede Effect Headlining

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

c_200k

MB Enthusiast
Car
ML63
I had this as an optional extra in my M5 and i really liked it.

I don't have it in my W211 so was wandering if it was an option or if anyone has had it done?

Thanks

The 2005 w211 amg came with it as standard as far as I knew? I need to remove my 2003 e55 amg headliner to do so,etching and at the same time will re trim in alcantara :)

Mines a 2007 E63 and doesn't have it :(

would have completed the whole car if AMG had fitted it.

Can someone enlighten me as to why this is so desirable? Something that no one really looks at and never touches.

Surely there are so many other areas which could be improved first of all.

Can someone enlighten me as to why this is so desirable? Something that no one really looks at and never touches.

Surely there are so many other areas which could be improved first of all.

I did it in my old car because the original lining and pillars looked aged and untidy. It was cheaper to redo in alcantara than to buy new parts. I went with a different colour and it turned out better than I thought. No other reason for me. So personally I would only do it if I didn't like the original colour or to spruce up the interior.

Well my whole interior is black and I have alcantara patches on the seats but the head lining is cream/grey and i really don't like it all.

If it was black maybe it wouldn't bother me.

I have as part of the Luxury Pack (P34).

Headlining, pillars, partial steering wheel, seat belt guides.

It's ok, but I wouldn't have been fussed if it wasn't on the car:

Well my whole interior is black and I have alcantara patches on the seats but the head lining is cream/grey and i really don't like it all.

If it was black maybe it wouldn't bother me.

Mines the same on the CLS. Don't understand why it didn't come with a darker roof lining from factory.

I did it in my old car because the original lining and pillars looked aged and untidy. It was cheaper to redo in alcantara than to buy new parts. I went with a different colour and it turned out better than I thought. No other reason for me. So personally I would only do it if I didn't like the original colour or to spruce up the interior.

Makes sense.

Don't know why anyone would want a darker headliner unless they have a full length panoramic glass roof.
I really dislike the claustrophobic feel in lots of modern cars with black liners. Each to their own though, great that people have different tastes, there's already too many silver cars on the road!

Makes sense.

Don't know why anyone would want a darker headliner unless they have a full length panoramic glass roof.
I really dislike the claustrophobic feel in lots of modern cars with black liners. Each to their own though, great that people have different tastes, there's already too many silver cars on the road!

I have the full length pano roof too lol

Mines the same on the CLS. Don't understand why it didn't come with a darker roof lining from factory.

They prob did a one colour fit's all job and tried to saved time and money on doing individual ones.

Last edited:
Does anyone know or recommend a company that can re-trim headliners as I would love the alcantara/suede definitely a great finish to a car

Makes sense.

I do get your point although on mine the contrast between the black dash and silver/cream A post looks a little off.

I would think any interior trimmers would be able to do that.

Try D class they advertise in Mercedes Enthusiast. Ive used them to retrim my old a class and am thinking about alcantara for the B class. Cant rate them high enough.

I seen D Class did palmball's C63 i think it was

Problem is they are at the other end of the country, I suppose i coud always take the mrs away to London for a few days.

Thanks I will check them out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom