Aldi car polisher machine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

maha

Car
Suzuki Alto
Bruvs,

How are you all? Have any of you seen the car polishing machine Aldi are selling? What you think, would it be good for a merc or could it damage it.

Thanks for replys

A MOP just spins. It's what you do with it that determines if it'll damage the paint or not. I.e, picking up grit, pressing too hard, not keeping cutting/polishing compound lubricated, etc...

Make sure you can get replacement pads for any polisher you buy, as they don't last forever. Plus you'd want different ones for each car in the household if they're different colours and you use coloured waxes.

You can get proper MOPs for about £60 which take all standard discs and pads and are adjustable speed, maintain RPMs by increasing torque, and might be a much better investment long term.

Last edited:
they are ok for applying , useless for taking off , I found the supplied cloths just fill up with wax dust etc and begin making a mess , tried shaking the cloth regular but didn't cure the problem.

A lot of people say the Halfords one is better as it oscillates and is currently on offer at £34.99 which is £15 off the normal price.

I find doing it by hand much better.

Thanks for replies what is good for taking off the polish, is it just hard graft?

Buy a proper dual action polisher (DAS6 or similar), this with the right pads will give really excellent service for everything an amateur could possibly need. I bought a Lidl polisher and threw it away as a total waste of money after two uses.

I use autoglym super resin polish , its easy on and off ( very little dust ) - gives a good protection and smells nice too . I also do it by hand ( only once a week , its too long and my wrist aches)

Thanks for the advice going to look at this

Buy a proper dual action polisher (DAS6 or similar), this with the right pads will give really excellent service for everything an amateur could possibly need. I bought a Lidl polisher and threw it away as a total waste of money after two uses.

Thanks for the information going to look at this.

Most excellent for food.........

Not known for serious car detailing equipment :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom