Aldi Desktop PC offer - £350

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wemorgan

MB Enthusiast
Car
A205 C220d
There are regular posts looking for good value PCs, so I hope this is of interest to some.

ALDI - Thursday Special Buys 7th January 2010

Multimedia PC Medion®AKOYA®X7330D (MD8339)
  • Intel® CoreTM2 Quad Processor Q8300 (2.50 GHz, 1333 MHz FSB, 4 MB Cache)
  • NVIDIA® GeForce® G210 DirectX® 10 graphics card with 512 MB graphics memory and D-Sub VGA, DVI and HDMI interface
  • 4 GB DDR2 RAM (2 x 2 GB)
  • 1 TB (1000 GB) hard disk S-ATA interface, for more than 200,000 songs or photos with 4 MB per photo or 4 MB per title
  • Multiformat DVD/CD burner supports all the usual DVD/CD standards, including dual layer DVD-R and DVD+R
  • Network Controller Gigabit LAN (10/100/1000 Mbit/s.) on board
  • Multicard Reader for all current memory cards
  • PS/2 keyboard and optical USB mouse
  • Connections: Front: 2 x USB 2.0, 1 x Microphone, 1 x Headphone, 4-in-1 Memory Card Reader. Rear: 4 x USB 2.0, 2 x PS/2, 1 x LAN (RJ-45), 1 x Front line out, Subwoofer/Centre out, 1 x Rear Line out, 1 x Surround out, 1 x Line in, 1 x Microphone
  • Comprehensive software package OEM versions preinstalled and/or on CD/DVD or recovery DVD

Bought my existing Medion PC from Aldi a few years ago absolute bargain and still going strong. Never had any problems and Aldis return warranties are pretty good.

Been told that they normally only have a few of the deals like this arrive in store so you may have to queue up on Thursday morning if you want to buy one!

Bought my existing Medion PC from Aldi a few years ago absolute bargain and still going strong. Never had any problems and Aldis return warranties are pretty good.

The ad states a 3yr warranty, this does look like a good deal. I could do with a new PC base unit as my graphics card has died. Just getting by with the laptop at the mo...

1TB storage seems to be getting the norm.
Doesnt seem that long ago a salesman in John Lewis told me my 1.2GB Windows95 machine would be the last PC I would ever need to buy........................

How long before 100TB or more becomes commonplace?

Yeah I think I may be at my local Aldi at 9am tomorrow.

Looks OK to me but I am some what out of touch......let me know what you think.

I guess it must be Win7 - probably Home Premium?

Medion build good kit, Aldi has always been a bit of a well-kept secret when it comes to PCs (Tchibo too).

3y warranty and a quad-core proc/1Tb/4Gb for £350 is a steal.

I would be interested to find out if it is windows 7 for sure,also if it comes pre-installed or you have to do it yourself.I would be tempted to buy this pc if you did'nt have to do it yourself.

I can't recall anywhere selling a PC that doesn't have it preinstalled (largely because they can stuff the systems full of Trialware and make more margin)

Comprehensive software package OEM versions preinstalled and/or on CD/DVD or recovery DVD.

Thanks,it's just this that confused me.

The Dell Inspiron 560 looks comparable in terms of RAM and processor and comes in at £449.00. I think it may have a better graphics card but doesn't have the HDD capacity or hot swap bays of the Medion. Warranty would appear a lesser deal too.

Medions are built better than Dells, IMO, and Dell's warranty procedures are.. arcane.

Trying to find something non-Dell that compares well to the Medion offer to compare prices - anyone got anything?

Also do all Aldi typically stores get some of this special offer stock or only some? Those that do have the stock, do they have it from open doors or can it be later in the day?

thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom