Aldi Mobile Navigation System with Integrated GPS Receiver

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swl

Aldi is selling the following:

Mobile Navigation System with Integrated GPS Receiver £249.99.
Are they any good? Is it a good alternative to the Tom Tom Go?

Unpack, switch on and navigate using this up-to-date personal digital assistant, with built-in navigation software. This new technology allows the user to roam freely, without wires, by foot, cycle, car or motorbike. • Includes maps for the UK and major roads of Europe on one 256MB storage card (provided!) and card maps for Western Europe on 4 CD-Roms • Voice output, coloured map and arrow navigation • Satellite supported position sensor with distance indication and distance bars for directional change • Top spec PDA with Intel® PXA-255 300 MHz process and 64MB onboard memory • TFT display with 65,536 colours • Pocket versions of Microsoft® software included (Outlook, Word, Excel and Internet Explorer for Pocket PC) • Includes USB synchronisation cradle ensuring your PC communicates with your PDA • Also includes in-car charger, car holder with suction cups, AC adaptor and wallet.

Sounds like a Mio 168.

If it is then they are pretty good. Do a search for reviews. It doesn't have Bluetooth or Wifi which may or may not be important to you.

I've got one and it navigates well. I've never tried anything else so can't compare it.

Nick

Just found it on the Aldi website:
168106784641865bc19efe1.jpg

swl said:
Aldi is selling the following:

Mobile Navigation System with Integrated GPS Receiver £249.99.
Are they any good? Is it a good alternative to the Tom Tom Go?

Only drawback toa system like that is there is no proper cradle. You get a holder and the cable connects into the bottom of the unit and there is no easy way to hard wire it. I have a similar setup but with an older iPaq 5450 but I spent a little extra and got the proper cradle for it. No delicate connectors, just slot the thing into the cradle like you would a phone. I'll post a piccie tommorow (in daylight) if you want to see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom