Aldi Specials this Sunday

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
All looks very good value for money, but the compressor won't be a lot of use for those tools IMO - okay for pumping your tyres up or blowing dust away as you work but don't expect it to undo wheel bolts with a 1/2" gun.

Will

Really? I've been OK with 2.5hp compressors in the past. :dk:

Kit your garage for around £200

:thumb:Thanks for the heads up Spike, looks like a decent enough air tool kit for the hobbyist/D.I.Y fanatic, kit your garage out for around £200. Rockin. Regards, Lee.:bannana:

Really? I've been OK with 2.5hp compressors in the past. :dk:

It's the flow rate you need to look at. You could obviously 'pump up' a huge reciever with a 2.5hp pump (but you'd be deaf and it'd take ages) but I'd be surprised if 9.5cfm would be enough to run a 1/2" air gun properly. With only a 24L receiver it'll be cutting in/out loads as well.

I know they reckon on 'average' consumption of 4cfm, but for the initial burst where you really need the torque I think it'll struggle. I know I did when I used mine regularly and that was with a stronger pump and a larger receiver. I guess you could modify/replace the regulator but I guess it's specced relative to the tank/pump.

Will

There's usually a spec for duty/rest on the pump as well, they're only air cooled and I reckon a 2.5hp would be working hard if you were using a lot of air.

A great little tool for occasional light DIY stuff but clearly that's why it's only £80 :)

Will

I agree with Will, that compressor's nowhere near big enough, the spot blasters got me interested though.

My compressors much bigger than that, V-twin pump,14 cfm with large tank (might be 80Litre,cant remember) & even with that if you're using air gun or air saw or large spray gun you end up having to wait for it to catch up eventually.

These tools come up every so often - I bought the complete set over two years .

I agree re the compressor - I have a slightly bigger compressor : 12cfm and 150 litre receiver , but even that does not give the air wrench any 'oomph' to undo tight bolts ; great for spinning them off once loosened or for spinning them up - but that's about it .

Also - I bought my air wrench , and only found it didn't work when I first tried to use it a couple of months later - exchanged it when the tools came back on sale about a year later .

The air ratchet also didn't have much power - even with specced air pressure applied .

I originally bought the compressor for doing small painting jobs , for which it is fine , besides blowing up tyres etc .

I bought one of those spot blaster kits yesterday,ok for £10, dont think the nozzle & jets will last forever,but then,neither do the professional ones. Only one snag, it's not got a BSP fitting on,so iv had to change that.

I went in yesterday and bought the:
- Compressor
- Air Cutting Tool
- Bench Grinder/Sander

I didnt buy the air wrench or ratchet as im not sure they will be any good.

however fairly impressed with what ive bought...

My last compressor was a 2HP from Netto for £49.99 - This died a sudden death when i dropped it whilst fully pressurised and it catapulted into a wall..

This one is much better and the cutting tool will definately be useful.

Good thing is I already had various tools, hoses etc from my last compressor...
Buying these bits ramps up the cost big time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom